Stll a spamfest

The games been out for months now & still ppl are spamming to win! Whats the point of learning all these combos & trying different characters, just to meet a Sindel or a Kitana, who stay as far away as possible to spam projectiles?  Im not saying I lose to them all the time but they can't be enjoying matches like that.  I don't mind losing at all (im never gonna be the best anyway), but I have to admit, when I get spammed I get annoyedish.  Saying all that, I met a Kitana last night & my 1st thought was "fs another spammer", how wrong I was, the guy combo'ed me to death & it made me want to go into the lab with Kitana & try her out.  Now I know fighting games will always be this way & that theres prob been 20 threads already like this, but I had to have my yap.

Enjoy.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

[quote user="xThe13thWarrior"]

The games been out for months now & still ppl are spamming to win! Whats the point of learning all these combos & trying different characters, just to meet a Sindel or a Kitana, who stay as far away as possible to spam projectiles?  Im not saying I lose to them all the time but they can't be enjoying matches like that.  I don't mind losing at all (im never gonna be the best anyway), but I have to admit, when I get spammed I get annoyedish.  Saying all that, I met a Kitana last night & my 1st thought was "fs another spammer", how wrong I was, the guy combo'ed me to death & it made me want to go into the lab with Kitana & try her out.  Now I know fighting games will always be this way & that theres prob been 20 threads already like this, but I had to have my yap.

Enjoy.

[/quote]

Hopefully learning said combos will allow you to beat the spammers who tend to be, but aren't always, one trick ponies.  And many spammers aren't spamming for "fun," they're spamming to win because winning is what it's all about for them.

For me, I will spam for zoning purposes but I don't go crazy with it.  The exception is if I'm against a spammer or cheap player; then I'll fight fire with fire, so to speak.

Personally, I consider Ermac and Noob Saibot far more challenging spammers to beat as Mileena as opposed to Sindel or Kitana, but I find Mileena works well against those last two and less so against the former two (especially Ermac).

I love Smoke spammers though.  Unless they're truly above my skill level, it means an instant win for me!

--
Juxtapose13

I use Reptile, so Sindel & Kitana are nightmares for me, can't get near them without eating projectiles, I can dash all day but still get battered by them.  I don't lose alot of matches when I pick Reptile but can be caught out by certain characters, esp when im gettin annoyed.  I don't mind playin teleport spammers as when I block the teleport I get an easy 40% combo.  I need to get training with a projectile spammer, so I can fight fire with fire.

[quote user="xThe13thWarrior"]

I use Reptile, so Sindel & Kitana are nightmares for me, can't get near them without eating projectiles, I can dash all day but still get battered by them.  I don't lose alot of matches when I pick Reptile but can be caught out by certain characters, esp when im gettin annoyed.  I don't mind playin teleport spammers as when I block the teleport I get an easy 40% combo.  I need to get training with a projectile spammer, so I can fight fire with fire.

[/quote]

Play Ranked matches and you'll find plenty of spammers to practice on :p.

As a Reptile player though, any tips on how to fight one as Mileena?  Reptile is a challenging match up for me, and I find I have issues with stopping his Dash (can never block it fast enough).

--
Juxtapose13

What you have to do is be as close as possible to the opppnent. When I play subzero it is a pain in the @@@ everytime I go up against kabal because the person almost always goes as far away as possible and spams his projectile moves. When you create distance with the player you are "welcoming" the unfair use of projectiles on either side, hence you need to keep the pressure close range. This is difficult for a reptile player, because a player using reptile depends on his force balls to juggle into a combo.  A HUGE tip to know that MOST people dont USE is the ducking move. IF you DUCK without BLOCKING Kitannas BLADES will not TOUCH YOU. I repeat if you DUCK while not BLOCKING a PROJECTILE will not KILL  or HURT you. I spent a whole match with kitanna "ducking" and the blades just fly over head without touching you the player.

[quote user="deceitfulmist"]

A HUGE tip to know that MOST people dont USE is the ducking move. IF you DUCK without BLOCKING Kitannas BLADES will not TOUCH YOU. I repeat if you DUCK while not BLOCKING a PROJECTILE will not KILL  or HURT you. I spent a whole match with kitanna "ducking" and the blades just fly over head without touching you the player.

[/quote]

Depends on the projectile of course as some kombatants have low projectiles, but for Kitana's Fan Toss, this is correct.  You can _not_ duck her X-Ray move though, so watch out for that.

--
Juxtapose13

I met a Mileena recently (top 50 in rank leaderboards) & he destroyed me, he just kept close to me & kept me guessing which way he was going to attack (high or sweep), I found the dash was of no use to me at all as his sweep would just hit me out of it & when his sweep landed, he did a roll then an easy 30% combo.  Mix this up with some projectiles & always make sure to throw a projectile after a blocked teleport, it catches so many ppl out.  If you do block a dash & you can't get your combo out quick enough, just do a throw, do this a few times & it'll soon stop him dashing.

Awesome, thanks for the tip!

--
Juxtapose13

i havent played this gae since i got the 200 matches and 100 wins. THough i gotta get back into it , it was really good.

[quote user="Law212"]

i havent played this gae since i got the 200 matches and 100 wins. THough i gotta get back into it , it was really good.

[/quote]

I'm still really enjoying, and am presently working on earning "My Kung Fu is Stronger."  That'll take a bit.  Aside from that, I only need "I'm Not Dead Yet," "Turtle," and the King of the Hill Achievements.

Not a big fan of King of the Hill myself due to the wait time to actually get to play matches (since you're often spectating) and I tend to have limited free time these days.

Law212, wanna boost some King of the Hill in the near future for the Achievements?

--
Juxtapose13