Still getting low res textures even after the update that supposedly fixed it.

even running from the disc I am still getting low res textures. Especially on the hands and when there is armour on them. When I load a save for the first time they will be in high res but they will just randomly then scale down to low res and not scale back up again. If I turn the xbox off and on again then the textures will be high res again but they will continue to go into low res. This happens even when playing from the disc...I haven't installed the game. I have even cleared the cache several times to see if this would fix it but still no avail. Any ideas on what's happening? If it helps I'm playing on one of the new xbox 360 'slims' and it was a brand new copy of skyrim.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

No clue from me. I have a 4 year old xbox and while I saw some texture issues they were more the drop out completely to dominant colour kind and I haven't seen them since the patch.

I have exactly the same problem mate... When i walk in dungeons .. I see the walls chaning into oldschool (Dont wanna spoil other Consoles over here) graphics.... The armor looks like rubbish .. And even the shadow under my character is changing into walking / dancing dots.... It is real annoying .. I also have a Xbox 360 slim edition 250 gb version And a brand new skyrim cd...

I hope there are more people with the same problem.. Cuz otherwise im scared my xbox is dying out there =(!!!!! or maby my television!!!!

Please help!!!

It is still just a glitch in the game. There is really nothing you can do about it to my knowledge. My issues are not severe like that. Snow on steps look weird and the ground in Windhelm is flat looking.  

Yeah .. snow also looks weird ... I feel kinda better to know that its not my xbox nor my television

I haven't had many graphical problems, but this game isn't really that good looking anyway. Even as far as 360 games go, it is in the middle of the pack, but it's such a good game I overlook lil things.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

"but this game isn't really that good looking anyway".

What of a comparable size looks significantly better?

^ The new Mass Effect looked sexy. TBH, the first Mass Effect looks better than Skryim.... not to say Skryim isn't REALLY GOOD F'in LOOKIN.

It is not nearly the size of Skyrim though. The Mass Effect game are made up of many small cells. Skyrim has the entire map to load up. Only homes, cities, and dungeons are not loaded. Caves and Dungeons can also be very large. Larger than Mass Effect. And I have to disagree about Mass Effect 1 looking better. Textures always loaded late and everything was rigid and blocky.

[quote user="ChainSmokingBob"]

"but this game isn't really that good looking anyway".

What of a comparable size looks significantly better?

[/quote]

I'll give you that. It is better than any other game as far as size, graphically speaking. I just meant overall.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Started the game for the first time yesterday.  Having the same graphics problem.  Everything was going fine up until about seven hours in.  Went into a dungeon and all of a sudden a lot of the textures scaled down drastically.  Walls and snow-covered rocks look like old console graphics.  At the time the game was installed to my HD.  Deleted it from there and cleared my cache.  Running it from the disc now but it still looks worse than bad.  My other games still look great and the same.  To top it off, it's affecting all my other saves.  Even when I start a new game it's affecting the textures there too.  What can I do?  How do I fix this?  The only thing I can think of is to delete all of my saves and the cache, start over, and hope it looks good again.  Please help as I really want to play this game and I'd hate to put it on my shelf and never play it again.