Stewards

can i change my steward once i have chosen one, my first house as a housecarl and a steward (Lydia) they both stay around Lakeview Manor, my 2nd house only has the housecarl who is the steward.  I have looked though the options but it looks like i can not change the steward maybe i am wrong? you shouldn,t chose your housecarl as a steward because they already stay around your house anyway its better to take one of your other followers as a steward.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'm wondering the same thing. I took a random follower back to a manor, he became my steward, and has since become quite unlikeable. I find no options to send him away or fire him.  I might do a save, kill him, and then see if that will allow me to bring in a replacement steward.  Will post later.

Let us know how that turns out OPM, I am considering a change in stewards myself if it can be done.

This could open up a whole new line of thoughts. Really? Has anyone figured this out yet. I used the housecarls for all my stewards, but now that the Manors are getting done, their starting to get a bit snippity. Maybe they know we can't fire them. I'd love to know what happens if one dies. Can we gat another?

GOOD NEWS!!  At Windstad Manor, I murdered my steward Marcurio for being obnoxious and rude. I went back to Whiterun and had Lydia follow me to Windstad. Upon arrival, a courier delivered a Letter of Inheritance telling me that Marcurio was dead. Boo hoo. Lydia and I entered the house. The dialog appeared for me to make Lydia my steward. I did.  --  FYI, I made one slight error. I killed Marcurio inside the house, and now I can't get rid of his body. I can carry it anywhere except through a door.  Any ideas?

[quote user="OldPepsiMan"]

GOOD NEWS!!  At Windstad Manor, I murdered my steward Marcurio for being obnoxious and rude. I went back to Whiterun and had Lydia follow me to Windstad. Upon arrival, a courier delivered a Letter of Inheritance telling me that Marcurio was dead. Boo hoo. Lydia and I entered the house. The dialog appeared for me to make Lydia my steward. I did.  --  FYI, I made one slight error. I killed Marcurio inside the house, and now I can't get rid of his body. I can carry it anywhere except through a door.  Any ideas?

[/quote]

Only idea I could suggest is to reload your save from before you killed him, take him for a walk somewhere and put one behind his ear.  Then do what you did before with bringing Lydia to the house.  Or, you can just leave him where he is so that Lydia is constantly reminded of her place in the house so that she doesn't start getting all uppity and rude with you.

[quote user="rma316"]

[/quote]

Only idea I could suggest is to reload your save from before you killed him, take him for a walk somewhere and put one behind his ear.  Then do what you did before with bringing Lydia to the house.  Or, you can just leave him where he is so that Lydia is constantly reminded of her place in the house so that she doesn't start getting all uppity and rude with you.

[/quote]

lol... maybe if you have built a trophy room on that house, you could just flop him onto a trophy base... you know, just for emphasis on the "don't cross my dragonborn a$$" idea. That may help Lydia get the idea.

lol!

LMAO! You folks are something else. Thanks OldPepsi for the info though. By the way! Did you notice that they changed Lydias dialogue? She actually asked me the other day "What can I do for you my thane" when I wanted to trade items with her. Didn't come off with that "I am sworn to carry your burdens" line. Not real sure that I like the new Lydia, I was kind of getting used to her badA$$ attitude. I'm forgiving her though. She has the sexiest dual wielding CQB pose in the whole game. Nice part about it? she came up with it on her own so I only have to "Charge her up" every now and then. Not real sure I want to loose her as a full time follower though. Last time I left the homestead unguarded I lost a horse.

More good news. Marcurio's body fit nicely into the large display case in the entryway. I was even able to close the glass lid on him. Makes a unique display that I'm sure will impress my guests and visitors. And, you're right, that display might encourage Lydia to be more considerate in the days ahead. Now I just wonder how long the game will leave him in there?

More good news. Marcurio's body fit nicely into the large display case in the entryway. I was even able to close the glass lid on him. Makes a unique display that I'm sure will impress my guests and visitors. And, you're right, that display might encourage Lydia to be more considerate in the days ahead. Now I just wonder how long the game will leave him in there?

[/quote]

That sir is how you win the game.