Status code 8C320008, not authorized, etc

Ok so I have had this problem before and I see others are having it with no real answer other than being talked in circles. The issue happened about two months ago. I would try to purchase microsoft points via console and would get the message "can't authorize the selected payment option. Please select a different payment option." tried a different card. Same message. An hour later, I ended up on the Xbox website and tried to add the points via the site. It worked on the first try. Fastforward. About two days ago, I purchased Microsoft points with no problem at all. Today, I tried to purchase more and behold, the issue is back. I figured since it worked before, I could go online again. Still didn't work. Removed the card and attempted to re-add it via the site and the console. Now I am getting status code: 8C320008 marketplace is down......really? So after trying multiple cards, going to the site, clearing the cache, what is the REAL solution to this problem? Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status 

Xbox Live is indeed having account troubles at the moment:

Account
Users may experience difficulties with the following services:
  • Buying downloadable items from the Xbox 360 console, Xbox.com, or Games for Windows – LIVE
  • A subset of users will experience intermittent issues performing transactions dependent on billing service availability including but not limited to: purchasing premium content, music, video, account management (renewal/recovery), linking Gamertags, and purchase/redemption of Microsoft Points. First time EA users and Games for Windows PC desktop client users will experience issues attempting to sign in to Xbox LIVE.
We are aware of the problem and are working to resolve the issue. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience

I suggest trying again later.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

That error code means that the account has a Billing Violation attached to your account.  Go to  https://billing.microsoft.com and make sure all your info is current and correct If you haven't already.

Sorry this didn't help.

I did the whole check billing info and transactions and everything was legit. I guess wait it is. No dawnguard for today :/ thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

Try going to billing.microsoft.com and removing all cards, deleting your Marketplace System Data from the System Items folder on your Hard Drive, clearing your System Cache, restarting your Xbox, then adding your card.

Sorry this didn't help.

The cache thing didn't work. I tried that before I started the thread. I also waited unto the service status mentioned by mad cow dizease changed to all clear. Still didn't work. I have yet to figure out how to fix it however there is an alternate solution if anyone else ever has a similar problem:

I went to amazon and searched for the Microsoft points. They give you the option to have the card mailed or to just get an online code. Immediately after the order was submitted, the code popped up. When to redeem on the dashboard and voila! Not sure if this method works with the subscription card but I don't see why not

Sorry this didn't help.