Status Code: 80169EB6

Whenever my friend and I try to buy something on his account it keeps giving us the code. I have no idea what it means and it's been giving us this code for the past couple of days. We were hoping it would be fixed by now. Any suggestions or ideas? I did try to look it up and it says this code does not exist but it's the same every time,

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

For that type of error code, you will want to contact support directly. You can call them directly , or chat with them here support.xbox.com/.../contact-us

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there Hanyou! Without much else to go on, I would suggest starting by verifying all the billing and account information on the account. Please have your friend log into https://commerce.microsoft.com and check the info on the Profile tab. Make sure all the info (name, address, region, etc.) is current and correct. Also make sure that this information matches the payment method information.

If all that is good, can you let us know exactly what content are you unable to purchase? Is it only certain things, or does everything seem to have this issue? Let us know, thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

It's everything. He cant purchase anything. We even tried to switch his gold to a family gold and it didn't work.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks Hanyou! Can you confirm that your friend has followed the steps I outlined above? Also, it would be better for us to talk directly to your friend; could you have him post here for us? Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.