Status Code 80153410 - Can't Retrieve Information from Xbox Live Marketplace

Hello,

I have recently come across this status code trying to download Sine Mora.  I made a successful purchase just the day  before (KoA Reckoning DLC) my first attempt, then Microsoft refunded my Microsoft points. I called support and they told me I had a lock on my account and that I was refunded the points because of past suspicious activity.  The lock was removed and I still can't make a purchase.  I called again and support told me they knew nothing about this status code and they would get back to me (care to guess whether they got back to me? Thanks a lot). So, before you ask, I have done the following:

-Changed my Windows Live ID

-Checked to make sure my regions matched

-Changed my credit cards multiple times

-Cleared all caches

-Purchased points from amazon - still can't use points

-Unplugged my router/modem for 1 hour

-Tried downloading off the Xbox Live website

-Waited three days

All of this and I still have this code that "nobody knows anything about".  How do you create a support team and not know something about your own product? I have seen multiple threads online with the same results from support: ignored or told to wait.  So I've decided to start this thread with the hopes that somebody may actually knows what's going on.

Thank you for your time.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Greetings, TheOnlyKennyG! It looks like you've been having some trouble purchasing content. Very sorry about that! Fortunately there are measures we can take to get this resolved. Take a look at this page and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps: support.xbox.com/.../xbox-live-credit-card-authorization-failure. Give it a shot and let me know if this helps. I'm here if you have any further questions! :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have purchased points:

-Purchased points from amazon - still can't use points

The problem isn't with my credit card because I'm not using it.  Seems to be an internal issue.

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings,

If you check support.microsoft.com/.../2295602 , that Error Code do indicate that There was a problem deducting points from your account to complete the purchase.

Try to login to billing.microsoft.com and make sure all billing Info are Correct.

Actually you need to Call Support and have patience to have it fixed.

Good Luck!

Sorry this didn't help.

Did you read my original post or do you think I'm stupid?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same problem. I have done ALL the things suggested on the support sight and still it won't work!! AND calling support has been no answer as i am told"wait 48 hours and try again." Really not helpful. Any suggestions besides wait 48 hours and try again. Oh by the way, even waiting 72 hours doesn't work, Please help

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Dad! This thread is a little old. For our best help, can you please create a new thread and describe your issue there? We'll be happy to assist in that one. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

The 80153410 error code occurs for me when I try to add Empire Points from my AOE Online game from my PC.

I do not own an XBox at all, but apparently the Empire Points are managed from the XBox Live website, so I signed into my Xbox Live account to try to add EP directly.

When trying to add EP at the Xbox site, I needed to add a payment method, so I added the credit card info in the form.

The response was "We can't authorize the payment method. Please make sure the information is correct, or use another payment method. If you continue to get this message, please contact your financial institution."

I tried entering 2 other credit cards into the form, but the response was the same.

AND I did the above steps from a totally separate computer again to make sure it wasnt my computer.

Even though I was positive all those cards were current and in use, I contacted the financial institutions, and THERE WAS NO ISSUE WITH ANY OF THEM.

I have tried to work this issue with MS LIVE & Xbox live, have received cordial responses and service request #s, with promises to escalate if it isnt solved with the "latest possible solution".

I have called 877-274-4349 for assistance.

I have waited multiple 48 hour periods for some IT magic to happen.

I have called Xbox live back, and my latest response is that "the thread is a little old......"

Also, I have checking my MS Live billing account for accuracy, changed my password, and examined my navel.

I have no more I can do to support the support staff. This problem is not my computer, my router, my PC game, my credit, my financial institution, my name, my cat, my car, or my playing style. IT IS A PROBLEM WITHIN THE EMPIRE POINT ACCOUNTING SYSTEM SOMEWHERE.

I am a bonafide account holder that successfully plays AOEO from my home computer and would like to continue to do so, but it would be nice if I would be allowed to give you more of my money by purchasing some EP.

And, by the way, my spouse plays AOEO also, has her own account, purchases EP regularly with one the SAME credit cards, and accesses the EP via her game without error. Our computers are exactly the same model, and we share the same home network.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey again Dad! That's great info, but if you could post that in a new thread, we can better assist you there. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.