Status Code : 397D 0000 3080 0506 8007 2EE2

Getting a little more than upset now with this, have tried downloading this update so many times I've lost count. At first I thought it was my connection because honestly its been on the fritz lately (kicking me off XBL and saying I couldn't connect even though I just bought my slim right before Christmas and it worked fine until recently) so I restarted my router, my Xbox, cleared my cache, took out the hard drive and put it back in, blah blah blah. All the solutions on support didn't work so I'm stuck with an Xbox that I can only play offline with? Is there a solution or should I just give up on the Xbox altogether? I've had 3 since the 360s came out and I have had nothing but problems with every one of them.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 12 Applies to:

Dude I have been having the same exact problems as of late. My slim never stayes connected unless im in a matchmaking type of game.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I wish I could help. The same thing has been happening to me and now all my saved games are corrupted!!! I almost took my f$#king XBox and tossed it out my window. Didn't do it cuz I'm only living on 2nd flood and it would not have been smased up in enouph friggin bits!!! I hate this stupid lame @@@ machine. PLEASE help someone!!!!!!!!!!!! ARGGGGGG!!!

Sorry this didn't help.

There error code posted in the title means it can't connect due to connection... which could be as stupid as "I need to connect to live! But I need the update to connect... But I need to connect to live to download the update... But I need the update to connect..." over and over again.

Personally, if it fails once, I scrap the download and do a manual update from support.xbox.com/.../system-updates-info . You can use a usb or cd/dvd.

Sorry this didn't help.

I tried uploading the update to USB and then plugging it in, but then you have to format the USB to be a storage device first, then go to test connection and when it gets to the update it should start reading off of the USB. Hope this helps. I've tried everything else

Sorry this didn't help.