stats for pyromancer?

should they be in attunnement, or intelligence,    and what do they do?  thanks

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 13 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Attunement is the number of spell slots you have available for spells.  Intelligence governs the power (damage) of the spell.  Although it's tempting to start cranking stats into both of these, I suggest first getting strength to 10 and Dexterity to 12.  That's enough strength to hold a good shield and a sword.  Dexterity is important because the vendor in the Undead Burg sells a shortbow for 1000 souls.  I strongly recommend you get one.  The bow is key to luring enemies away from each other one at a time, so you don't get mobbed.  Headshots do decent damage too, so by the time they get to you they are pretty weak.  A key to surviving is getting basic stats high enough to wield a variety of weapons, and after that, make sure to put some stats into Vitality.  Once you start to see spells that require more slots, then worry about attunement.  Hope that helps.

is there  a way to increase how many time you can cast a spell?    because i hate being a spell caster only being able to use a spell 8 times before i die or get to the next check point. and having to melee, i dont see the point of spell casters if thats the situation.

agreed theres no point in being a mage if your only a mage for 3 minutes.

/facepalm

This is a hardcore role-playing game.  I assume none of you have ever played Dungeons & Dragons or anything in the past.  It's not like you can just walk around shooting magic missles at everything in existence.  You can only memorize a small amount of uses and then you're stuck using your dagger or whatever you have.  As you progress (i.e. LEVEL UP!) you can begin to memorize more types of spells and therefore cast more spells.

That being said, you're a pyromancer.  You rely on powerful flame magic and AN AXE.  Use the axe!  Also, save some souls and go purchase Soul Arrow and a Sorcerer's Catalyst from the blacksmith in New Londo Ruins.  You can cast Soul Arrow 30 times.  

[quote user="eX HELLSING"]

agreed theres no point in being a mage if your only a mage for 3 minutes.

[/quote]

as above said it is a hardcore rpg, they made spells limited uses to balance it out. so mages just cant run around with infinite spells and easily kill everything.

would of made the game way too easy.

maybe a little research before buying a game?

why so hostile, people have opions, im sure there are aspects of the game you dont like. its not flawless. i just dont like the fact that i pick a scorcer,wizard witch,(magic stats are increased and all the others very limited). for example its like  picking gandulf, and only being able to use him for 2 min before you have to play as Konan the rest or the game.  i pick a spell caster because i wanted a challenge, but still be able to castspells not swing a axe 98% of the time. if i knew i would have been a knight or soilder for much better stats for that.

Apologies, I was't try to be hostile.  I was just explaining the game mechanics and relating it to old school Dungeons and Dragons type games.

A spell caster IS a challenge, but to be honest you're not "picking Gandalf" to start out with.  You're more like the "wizard" Ergo from the movie Krull.  You're a bumbling fool to start out with and have a long way to go before you get to Gandalf status dude.  :)

Give a spell caster a chance, and you WILL be able to get ti the point where you can fire off a bunch of spells.  Also, 30 shots with the Soul Arrow to start isnt' horrid, and if you attune it once more it goes to 45.

It certainly does make you pick your spots.  I wouldn't waste magic on lower level enemies...wait until you find enemies that are vulnerable to certain types of magic.  I tried the first couple of levels with a mage, and found that the bosses were both easy to bring down with magic.  I'm assuming that at some point later in the game you will be able to find or create magic based weapons, so your Intelligence stats will add some attack (since you won't have a lot in strength or dex).

i really recommend that you go for 16 str and 12 dex. the dragon sword requires 16 str and 10 dex, but in order to get it, you need 12 dex (or you won't be able to damage the dragon's tail - based on my own experience, please correct me if i'm wrong). this sword does not scale with str or dex, but can be upgraded with dragon scales. especially coupled with chaos path (dmg based on humanity) this should kick a lot of @@@.

as for other stats: vitality, endurance, attunement. not sure how much attunement you will need, but i wouldn't overdo that stat.

Also, pyromancy doesn't scale with int.  Oh and I read you can attune the fireball spell in more then one slot if you have them.  Just don't do what I did and accidentally kill the pyromancer trainer when you get in the depths.