START HERE for Troubleshooting TV on Xbox One

If you're having issues with setting up TV or OneGuide on your Xbox One console then you've come to the right place!

How do I Set up my Xbox One to work with my TV?

When you set up your TV with Xbox One, you’ll be asked to select your cable or satellite provider and the channel lineup. The options presented are based on your ZIP Code. You can find the full steps in our guide on Selecting and Changing your TV provider and channel lineup.

There are some circumstances where your OneGuide may not display your channel lineup or have incorrect or missing information. We have a few solutions on this page about Incorrect Channel and Show Information that should help you get back on track.

OneGuide won't control devices

You may run into some situations where your OneGuide can't control your OneGuide to control your TV, AV receiver, or set-top box. If you're having issues getting OneGuide to control one of these home theater devices, there are a few handy solutions in our article on Troubleshooting OneGuide on your devices

If you have more questions about a specific device you have and if it will work with your Xbox One, be sure to also check out the TV Hardware Information Forums

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 78 Applies to:

Verified!  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Please READ THIS and please, please, please, follow the directions! This will help you, and me :)  .

Posting issues with particular equipment in the correct location: forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx

Next thing on the docket is providing more information: A ton of the times on the forums I ask for more information like: TV provider, Layout (Set Top box (STB) aka Cable box hdmi Xbox One hdmi TV), Make/Model of STB, TV, and AVR (Receiver). Please provide this info right off so we don’t need to circle back a ton of times.

I am more than willing to shoot the moon of troubleshooting with anyone at almost any time. I am here to help YOU! I want you to dig the Xbox One (and LiveTV) as much as I do, and the only way I can do that is by helping you!

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this. Happy Holidays and Game On!

- Cheers

XB1R Hermes

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.