Starship troopers: The game!?

Should there be a game on the lines of Starship Troopers?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Halo

There was one in development a few years ago but it got canned. [View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US7vmRdJUu8]

While Starship Troopers is a great movie, a game would be terrible. There are so many Sci-Fi shooters that simply take all the cake, and considering the above trailer, it is no wonder it got canned.

Lol, after watching the movie, I read a lengthy review and analysis of it by some major Heinlein fan that picked it apart for all its flaws and outright distortions of many of the novel's details and themes. I agreed with most of it. And yes, another low-quality Halo ripoff would be terrible.

[quote user="SlaughterMcKill"]

Lol, after watching the movie, I read a lengthy review and analysis of it by some major Heinlein fan that picked it apart for all its flaws and outright distortions of many of the novel's details and themes. I agreed with most of it. And yes, another low-quality Halo ripoff would be terrible.

[/quote]

How is SST a Halo rip off? considering the novel came out back in the 50s it actually inspired a lot of other sci fi universes and franchises, including Aliens which eventually also lead to Halo.

The idea of orbital drop troopers comes from SST.

Also Halo has humans fighting a zeleous alien group while SST is humans against highly evolved "bugs".

I would play it. I always love shooting bugs.

Starship Troopers 2012 would be a Halo ripoff to many people, no matter when what it was based on came out... it would likely only be a game because of Halo's popularity.

I am aware of all that, Nameloi. It's just that I'd have pretty low expectations for a game based off of a mediocre action flick from over a decade ago.

Just found out some producer wants to remake the first film. Hopefully they get a better director than Paul Verhoeven this time.

[quote user="SlaughterMcKill"]

I am aware of all that, Nameloi. It's just that I'd have pretty low expectations for a game based off of a mediocre action flick from over a decade ago.

Just found out some producer wants to remake the first film. Hopefully they get a better director than Paul Verhoeven this time.

[/quote]

Not to get too far Off Topic but a bad Script is a bad Script, regardless of "who" Directs it. A Remake isn't going to be any better then the OG and besides it wouldn't have Patrick in it...

As for that Game, it would have been great as a Launch Title on the OG Xbox...

Lol, the script could've used some work as well.

And actually, now that I think about it, a game probably wouldn't damage SST as badly as those Direct-to-Video film sequels must have.