Star Wars Battlefront 2 on X-Box 360s

Realize this is has been brought up several times.  I purchased Star Wars Battlefront 2 to play on Xbox 360 slim.  I purchased a 20G internal HDD "for Xbox 360s Slim."  However, it was not manufactured by Microsoft.  I reinstalled the software updates per some guidance elsewhere. I have seen postings saying it has to be "an official Microsoft" HDD, and other that have said it has to be at least 60 HDD.  Just looking for the latest guidance.  At this point I am about ready to buy and Xbox console on ebay.  Cheers.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 152 Applies to:

Yeah, it needs to be an official hard drive.

For the S, these are either 250GB or 320GB. With an official one of this capacity, you will be able to play Original Xbox games on your 360.

Xbox Forums moderator. Xbox MVP. r/xboxinsiders moderator. Twitter: @13mxn

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The problem is the hard drive you purchased as it is not an official nor is it designed for that model. You need an OFFICIAL Microsoft hard drive that is either 250 or 320 GB in size - the smaller sizes of official drives (20, 60 and 120 GB) are not compatible in this model and have a different enclosure as they were designed for the original 360 design (fat). Only the OFFICIAL Microsoft drives have the necessary software to run emulation for the Original Xbox games.

Sorry this didn't help.

What does the following message mean: 'This original Xbox game is not supported on your Xbox 360 console.  An update to support this game my be available.  For more info, go to www.xbox.com/games'.

My kid has installed more memory into his 360, and can't find any updates.......Any help you have would be soooo soooo helpful :) Thanks.

Sorry this didn't help.

Cross - That would mean that either the game he is trying to play is not backwards compatible (not all original Xbox games will work with the 360) or he does not have an official MS brand hard drive.

Sorry this didn't help.

A list of backwards compatible games can be found here support.xbox.com/.../play-original-games

Sorry this didn't help.