STAR TREK

WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO MAKE NEW GAMES FOR XBOX360?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 31 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

A real Star Trek game would be awesome.

There's talk of some crap co-op junk shooter in the works based on the terrible crap reboot, but a real Star Trek game? That would be awesome.

There's always Star Trek Online on the PC though, if you don't mind an MMO...

Star Trek legacy was actually a decent game, what brought it down was the lack of decent cut scenes between missions. That portion of it was so lazily done.

there is one coming out already, I forget when, but it's with kirk and spock in an action RPG style game, I think it's supposed to be like mass effect but much smaller ( if that is even possible). It looks like it will be fun for a playthrough but get old. Idk if it was cancelled or is even coming to 360, but I saw something on it from e3 either this or last year.

A few days ago I saw an article or something about a new Star Trek game coming out next April, with a picture of young Kirk and Spock on the cover, looks like a tie-in with the new movie coming out in May.

yep thats what  I was talking about. dunno the name atm

If it's an action RPG, I just may have to give it a try. Being a tie-in with a movie has me nervous, though.

The only one they're making is a tie in with the awful "reboot".

As if "Voyager" hadn't been bad enough.

I doubt we'll ever see a decent "Star Trek" game on the 360.

The people who own the franchise certainly do not share Gene Roddenberry's vision.

Az

The new one coming out is just called Star Trek.  Looks pretty good.  I remember hearing about it six months ago or so.  Even back then it sounded pretty fun.  It encourages strong co-op play.  The guys who played Kirk and Spock in the latest movie will be voicing the characters.  It's a standalone story that takes place after the last movie, meaning it's not a game that goes along with the next one being made.  Everything I've read leads me to believe it's going to be a pretty decent game... hopefully.  

The gameplay is quite different, depending on who you play as.  If you're Kirk, your choices are a bit impulsive.  Action happens very fast without warning sometimes.  You kind of just shoot your way through a level.  If you play as Spock, things are much more calculated.  More strategy than guns blazing.  Remember reading that both can do co-op moves like one supercharges the others ammo, making the person's gun supercharged.  Read something about parts where one gets injured, so the other drags him while he shoots.  

Here are a couple of links to trailers.  Looks pretty fun.  http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/04/16/star-trek-teaser-trailer   http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/08/13/star-trek-the-game-gamescom-trailer  With that last trailer, all I know is I want to Vulcan Death Pinch somebody, and I want to do it now.  

sfee48 Star Trek Legacy was pretty cool.  Has to be dirt cheap now.  All five captains from the show voice their respective characters in it.   

[quote user="Azrael008uk"]

The only one they're making is a tie in with the awful "reboot".

As if "Voyager" hadn't been bad enough.

I doubt we'll ever see a decent "Star Trek" game on the 360.

The people who own the franchise certainly do not share Gene Roddenberry's vision.

Az

[/quote]

I'm glad I'm not the only one who absolutely hated the crap 2009 reboot. The videogame tie in sounds even worse- a co-op shooter?! Ugh...

Sounds more Army of Two in "Star Trek" skins...

That game looks okay. Nothing special, but then again I'm not a huge Star Trek fan anymore.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!