Standard game and Undead Nightmare needed for online?

I own Red Dead (the standard disc) and in order to get the DLC, I bought undead nightmare.  To my surprise, I cant download its content to my XBox so I can have access to all content with the standard game disc.

Here are the questions:  To have all online content I must use the Undead disc but does this give me access to all of the online modes in the game?  Do I need to swap discs between the 2 games in order to be able to play all online gametypes? 

I am also going for achievements.  Can I get all the online achievements using just the undead nightmare disc?  Does it create a second list of achievements so that I have to get each one twice?  (I am referring to what happened with the Arkham Asylum GOTY edition making two different lists of the same achievements on accounts)

Thanks

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The Undead Nightmare should be a disc you install onto your drive, and you play the game off the standard disc. I'm not 100% certain though, as I have standard disc with all the extras downloaded from the marketplace.

I put in undead nightmare but it has no options to download.  I can either play vs zombies or online.  I dont want to mess up my achievement lists with it or find I cant play all the stuff that others use.

I would be willing to get the GOTY edition if it means having it all available in one place and it does not create a second set of achievements to ...well...achieve.

I do know that the GOTY is 2 discs, and that you need to put in the second disc for multiplayer, and the first disc for single player. Not sure, but it might work the same way this one is working for you now.

[quote user="Rivalor"]

I own Red Dead (the standard disc) and in order to get the DLC, I bought undead nightmare.  To my surprise, I cant download its content to my XBox so I can have access to all content with the standard game disc.

Here are the questions:  To have all online content I must use the Undead disc but does this give me access to all of the online modes in the game?  Do I need to swap discs between the 2 games in order to be able to play all online gametypes? 

I am also going for achievements.  Can I get all the online achievements using just the undead nightmare disc?  Does it create a second list of achievements so that I have to get each one twice?  (I am referring to what happened with the Arkham Asylum GOTY edition making two different lists of the same achievements on accounts)

Thanks

[/quote]The normal story disc doesnt include the multiplayer DLC's, only the undead disc, so when you play on multiplayer, only use the undead nightmare disc because it includes all 3 DLC's.

BTW the multiplayer on both discs is the same except undead nightmares disc includes the DLC's.

When you are just doing the story modes, revert to the relevant disc to play either story.

That makes sense. I wasn't too sure how it worked, mine is all just downloaded from the marketplace, so it's all in one.

yea, no need to spend the money on the GOTY edition. He's got it all already.

Great thanks...that saves me money and confusion

Confusion, problem...i have the red d. Game disk. I just downloaded the nightmare addition but it doesn't give me the option to play it. It shows to have been downloaded. Why can't I play it? Can I get my points back?

[quote user="SuperScoregasms"]

Confusion, problem...i have the red d. Game disk. I just downloaded the nightmare addition but it doesn't give me the option to play it. It shows to have been downloaded. Why can't I play it? Can I get my points back?

[/quote]I think you have to choose single player, then it should give choice as to undead or reddead.

Nope, it does not give this choice.

I have exactly the same problem as SuperScoregasms.  I have the Red Dead orignial disk (Game of the year edition, borrowed to a friend), and I bought the expansion on the marketplace, cause I just wanted to play online with my buddies.  When I go to the "download historic" of the"account management",  the expansion pack is there, but it is neither on "My games" or anywhere else.  The Xbox actually tells me I have to run the main gain to access to the expansion pack.

I re-downloaded it three times, without any result.