ssf4 AE dlc not fully working?

I recently started playing SSF4 AE on XBL, and looked thru the DLC list and saw that these were free now:

Ultra Costume Catalog #1 and #2 (sorry that there is no link, but appearentely since I run Firefox I cannot copy/paste links or anything else on this site unless I start changing settings on my browser, which I don't feel like doing just for this site).

If I understand this correctly, I can see other people's dlc costumes (which I can) and also use these dlc costumes (which I cannot).

Am I missing something?  No where in the description does it say that it allows to "view only", but it is free so idk.  If it should work for me then I will try and reinstall it, but it's just odd that I can only see other alt costumes instead of use them.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

There's two versions of costume DLC; the freebie version and the paid for version. The freebie version only allows you to view the costumes if your online opponent is using them. If you don't have it downloaded you'll see a message telling you so during the versus screen and your opponent will just be wearing their default costume. The paid for version allows you to view and use said costumes.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.