Squad Leader Video

Just about the only noteworthy thing coming from Gamescon in Germany thus far about Mass Effect 3 to my knowledge, even then, it's just another combat video basically which highlights commanding your squad.

Thus the name "Squad Leader", which is Part 1 mind you so be looking for more vids to come presumably.

Here

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Any information on when 'Part 2' will be revealed?

You never know Arkham. In the latest SentUAMessage, they ask the CEO of Bioware about co-op and he again just says that he can't confirm of deny anything.

Any ideas on exactly WHY this trailer is titled "Squad Leader"?  Haven't we always been the "Squad Leader"?  Perhaps, things will make a little more sense when Part 2 is revealed.  Without starting any heated arguing, it almost sounds to me like some sort of "Challenge Mode".  It's also possible that we're seeing first hand a co-op mission, after all, the focus does appear to be more on Garrus and Liara, squad leader, hmmm...:-)

I agree with you there, Captain, its not impressing me at all, either. This doesn't mean I'm in favor of CGI though, I loathe those, since anything with a DVD player can muster them out with no troubles at all.

This trailer, however, is a showcase of how clunky the engine's mechanism plays out. Makes me wonder what they opted to exclude -- as they did with the ME 1 engine for ME 2, opting in favor of the game's cosmetics over physics -- since it looks identical to ME 2's systematic approach and take.

The lighting is terrible as well, I hope they fix this up, really. The contrast ratio is very, very depressing with a dull overlay- as they have been on the previous installments. While I may come off sounding negative, I want nothing but for this game to truly shine. This is true. It has every potential to do so, but in saying that, I'm not jumping into the third foray expecting HUGE improvements. Rather, the opposite, and indifferent. So if there's an overhaul of awesomeness, I'll be pleasantly surprised. :)

The video really wasn't that impressive. I want to see a video kind of like the one for ME2 where Shepard was leading Thane and Grunt against the Collectors. That is my favorite trailer of all time and I still watch it lol.

the animation for getting into cover is still buggy... surprised they haven't fixed that at all. Shepard always leans to his right as he taking cover, yet magically shifts instantly to his left once he is fully behind the object. And the running animation for for garrus and liara in the intro is laughable... don't get me wrong I love ME but I hope they fix these subtle errors before release.

Yeah, but did that happen because the "squad leader" put her there?

Don't kid yourselves, Liara got snapped like a twig.

It's hard to tell. Looks like she may have landed back on her feet, but then it doesn't really show her again...unless that is her hunched over.

I'll have to watch it again, but doesn't Garrus blast the hand so that the Mech drops her?  It's real quick but I think it even shows her back on the ground...:-)