Spotting Scope.

Who uses it, and why?

Just played a game: 4 defenders (us), 9 attackers (them). The attacking team had 6 players running around with (store bought) M95's, 12x Optic and Spotting Scopes.

I lolled, but got to wondering why anybody would need the Spotting Scope, (barring some horrible industrial accident that caused the loss of a thumb or finger that is.)

Are Wookies really incapable of using the back button? Or were these just stray Codpieces who need the 'edge' the scope apparently gives them?

Anyway, as long as it can't spot me behind them I'll keep taking their tags. :)

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

spotting scopes are good for the team, on a Non-hardcore match. It will get the recon player some points if the spotted enemies are killed.

other than that players must think they are like the snipers seen in war movies. http://youtu.be/xxElnjaWiQE http://youtu.be/RuXJe_tb4Ww

They're lazy, simple as that. All they have to do is spam the back button as they look around. Personally, I don't use it; I prefer magnum ammo with the sniper rifles to increase my chances of a kill if I only graze them.

[quote user="CamaroGuy96"]

They're lazy, simple as that. All they have to do is spam the back button as they look around. Personally, I don't use it; I prefer magnum ammo with the sniper rifles to increase my chances of a kill if I only graze them.

[/quote]

I am the same. I used it when I first unlocked it, and then I discovered Magnum Ammo and never looked back. The Spotting Scope is good but being able to cause more damage and just hit the back button while doing so is much better.

it's there for the lols, really, who throws a cupcake?

i can see it good because sometimes it will get other people you may have missed or arent fast enough to hit the back button. most the time, even with magnum ammo it still takes more than 1 shot to kill someone so i can see why most people would use it.

I need mag ammo, and high explosives. This far into the game, though, most people know where the wookies hide anyway.

Whenever I somehow manage to *** up and accidentally spawn with spotting scope and not magnum ammo, the thing never works even when I hit the back button. Now you know why I don't use it

I use it from time to time. Sometimes it spots people I don't see and thats helpful...

I still feel like the only person whoever spots people in this game.

by the time the nubs get around to spot and zoom in with there stupid combo of x12 vag scope and spotter.....they already have a shell flowing right through their frontal lobe

i assume people who use the spotting scope don't know about the back button... i mean has to be, right?