Spoilt for choice!

I have had my heart set on L.A Noire for weeks but I have just been in to gamestation and noticed that Dirt 3 wil be out on Tuesday! ARGH!

I hate it when good games are released in a short time frame. Who's getting Dirt 3? I hope it's the same concept as Dirt 2.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

[quote user="The Lord of War"]

I don't see the draw to dirt or other dirtbiking games. When you can do it in real life.

[/quote]

Yeah of course. I just happen to have a full kitted Rally Evo and a pit crew in the garage for the weekends. 

I'd go for Dirt 3 as there is no replay value in LA Noire and Dirt 3 can go on for as long as you like. Don't forget there is No multiplayer  in Noire, where there are plenty of different types of side games you can play in Dirt along with the Rallying main game.

I'll be getting Dirt 3 myself.

such an underrated series, and a ton of fun. Not to mention visually it looks beautiful even on Consoles, and Online Play.

LA Noire you play once and thats it. I never get how people spend $60 on non RPG SP games

Zen like calm made a point. Id rather have dirt3, but if u want both( like me) i would see dirt3 getting a price decrease sooner than la noire. Honestly, imo I think dirt3 will take longer to complete and has multiplayer, la noire looks pretty slow paced( 80% of the time) while dirt3 should have u on ur toes.....I'm not getting another game until I finish gta iv or its add ons.....(keep buying games without finishing them)..........

I'm getting Dirt 3, and waiting till I can find Noire on the shelves second hand, can't be paying £50 for a game at the same time as I pay £40 for another.

I don't see the draw to dirt or other dirtbiking games. When you can do it in real life.

[/quote]

What planet are you on at the minute? If you do even the simplest of Google image searches for Dirt 3 you will be bombarded with pictures of rally cars.

I am getting both, but if I had to choose between the 2 before playing either, it would be LA Noire.

If it helps your decisions at all, gamestop (At least in Canada) has a trade-in deal right now where you get 50% more trade-in value if you're putting that money towards LA Noire, Dirt 3 or a few other games

So I brought in a bunch of older games I don't care about and had enough to pay for both of those, and half of my Duke Nukem Forever preorder

[/quote]It's not a "dirt biking" game.  It's a rally game.  A driving game.

[quote user="Urban Engage"]

It's purely a game that I am interested in and I can't do it in real life.

[/quote]

'LA Noire' is a brilliant game, and will keep you busy until you gather enough money to buy 'DIRT 3'.   Buy 'Noire' now, then get 'DIRT 3' further down the line (not necessarily at launch).  It may even be cheaper by the time you finish 'LA Noire'.

It's purely a game that I am interested in and I can't do it in real life.