SPOILERS---TIM/Cerberus and possible Reaper connection questions

For starters, I seemed to have missed the trailer/E3 thing that basically spoiled this.

Not sure how many of you read the comics, and this also might be pretty obvious.  So, basically, before the Illusive Man was TIM, he was "touched" by a reaper artifact and not indoctrinated, but  "tainted", for lack of a better word.  Here's my question:  Was TIM basically a super low key sleeper agent for the Reapers the whole time during ME2?  Was he under their power enough that they could maybe gain his control, but not enough that he was aware?   I got a sneaking suspicion about him many times, but I wasnt really sure the role.  Now that we know he is after Shepard, it kinda makes seems like this is the logical conclusion.  Thoughts?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Personally I think it is likely that he could have been influenced all the time and bringing back Shepard was all he could do to fight back.

so you dont think he was on the Reapers side all along?  You think his alliance with Shepard was an act of hostility towards the Reapers?  I wonder why the change of heart for ME3, considering one outcome was to side with him and save the station...

Im almost positive, based on the comics that his eyes are a direct result of being in close contact with the reaper artifact, but that he got away in time so that it didnt fully overcome him mentally.  At least thats what I remember from the comics

I believe he is like Saren. Being influenced but not under direct control.

Resurrecting Shepard could have been an act of resistance, just like Saren's when he shot himself in the head. He's still behaving 'in character' so the Reapers would have no reason to suspect anything is wrong.

However since the Reapers are now here, they have tightened their grip on the Illusive Man and set Cerberus up as pawns.

I'm not suprised at all. I've long suspected that TIM was connected to the Reapers in more ways then one.

I'm also expecting that Shepard's rebuilt body has more connections to the Reapers than we are all expecting. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Shepard becomes susceptible to Reaper influence like Saren as result of the shiny technical bits that Cerberus used to put humpty dumpty together again.

This is a good theory that makes a lot of sense. It makes much more sense than TIM just siding with the reapers out of his own free will.

[quote user="DarthEric4817"]

I'm not suprised at all. I've long suspected that TIM was connected to the Reapers in more ways then one.

I'm also expecting that Shepard's rebuilt body has more connections to the Reapers than we are all expecting. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Shepard becomes susceptible to Reaper influence like Saren as result of the shiny technical bits that Cerberus used to put humpty dumpty together again.

[/quote]

you know, I was thinking that as soon as the first cut scene of Shep being rebuilt showed in ME2.  The same little metal bits were in the Protheon Beacon flashbacks in ME1.  Granted thats Proth. technology, but isnt Protheon tech basically reaper tech?

Oh totally Fuzzyearlobe. To me it seems like a perfect twist in a story arch to see Shepard either become, or realize his existence is due to his greatest enemy. A bit like the nice little revelation in the original KOTOR involving Revan.

Hmmm, I have a feeling that one of the possible endings is Shep turning Husk, LOL

Lots of good theories about this lately.  Maybe TIM knew he was tainted by the Reapers and brought Shepard back as an act of resistance.  Or maybe the Reapers needed Shepard as some sort of key core component for the Reaper being built in ME2.  Or maybe TIM was just as he said, the advancement of the human race whatever the cost.  If that means the human race evolves into the next gen of Reapers, he's all for it (tainted philosophy, perhaps).

He's gotta know he's being influenced.  Even Saren was aware of that.  What I find strange is that all of Cerberus is after Shepard in ME3, apparently.  They've all gotta be indoctrinated.  Was it voluntary?  Or did TIM kinda trick them into a movie theater and then lock the doors and feed them Indoctrination Gas

I was watching the Livestream from Bioware today, and when they were fighting some Cerberus guys, Shepard said that they were indoctrinated. This pretty much says it all.