*SPOILERS* Ebony Blade *SPOILERS*

The daedric artifact that gets "stronger" as you feed it the lives of your "friends".  Anyone else think this thing is a load of crap?  It does horrendous damage for a 2 hander and can't be enhanced, the enchantment absorbs health, but even if you sacrifice like 10 people to it the spell only nets you about 30 life at best.  Is mine just broken, has anyone gotten this thing to be worth keeping (it won't mount on walls or weapon racks either, always falls off...lol)?  Its a shame because it looks cool, a 2 handed katana like the Blade's Sword only bigger.  On the plus side, hitting a friend with it doesn't count as ****.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Do a quest for someone and then kill them, repeat as necessary.

Actually it works if you kill followers as well, which is what I did.  But my complaint is it never gets very strong.  I have killed 20 Dark Brotherhood initiates using the weapon and the drain life spell is still only around 30 life.

Kill your wife, that is supposed to max it out.

Can you then remarry?

I am not sure I haven't done either. Best bet, create a new save before you do.

I don't think you can re-marry, because it is a triggered quest.

I want a new wife though.

I'm not sure if I have found this or not; I think so but I don't have it in my possession so could have sold it as had weapons better.  I am carrying an Ebony Blade though but I enchanted it myself and have smithed it better to 97 (Legendary).  The enchantment does the fire on your opponent.  I may have to look for this sword as I still need to complete the Deadric Quests and collect their spoils for the Achievement.

***SPOILER*** "the ebony blade" is a daedric weapon given to you after you follow the quest.  Its a reward.  Whispering door if I remember correctly.  

I used it on Lydia