Spoiler ~ How to find the dark brotherhood

Well I was messing around in a city robbing houses and accidentally found out how to unlock the brotherhood questline.

Go to the city called "Windhelm" and find the "Aretina" household. Pick the lock and go in, you will find a boy chanting over a pile of bones, talk to him and he will think that you are a member of the brotherhood and he will give you his contract to kill a woman"

This is probably old news or probably not, i just though i would post it for anyone interested in the brotherhood questline, it was my favourite in oblivion.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

i dont remember but i think u got the wrong city and its west of folkreath i think i cant tell i got a horrible tv so yea but i think its in um folkreath u find the boy and talk to ghim and hell talk to u and ask u if ur in thje dark brotherhood u say yes and u go kill the old chick and come back he gives u the reward and u go to a inn and rent a room u gop to sleep when u wake up ashrid will be thereshell tell u to kil one of the three ppl she brought with her (it dont matter which) and ur in and as u do quest for the dark brotherhood u find out ur the listener .... thats all im telling u i dont wanna ruin everthing for ya

[quote user="holylouis"]

i dont remember but i think u got the wrong city and its west of folkreath i think i cant tell i got a horrible tv so yea but i think its in um folkreath u find the boy and talk to ghim and hell talk to u and ask u if ur in thje dark brotherhood u say yes and u go kill the old chick and come back he gives u the reward and u go to a inn and rent a room u gop to sleep when u wake up ashrid will be thereshell tell u to kil one of the three ppl she brought with her (it dont matter which) and ur in and as u do quest for the dark brotherhood u find out ur the listener .... thats all im telling u i dont wanna ruin everthing for ya

[/quote]

The OP is right, the quest originates in Windhelm. The first quest in the Dark Brotherhood line is 'Innocence Lost' which is initiated by Aventus Aretino in Windhelm.

Yep the OP is correct.   Windhelm is the location.  

OP, you forgot to add that after you kill that boarding house wench you need to sleep at an inn, any inn, and  then the head lady of da brotherhood will find you. I forgot their names because I haven't played Skyrim in awhile.

Astrid is her name.

i also said that in my comment

I came across this by asking about rumors @ an Inn..