Splitscreen MP is very poorly made

Read title.

1. Resets all of your custom options for the "host" player. Sensitivity, control scheme, the whole bit.

2. Makes your emblem this weird clover thing. It goes away after you dashboard, but it's still annoying.

3. Two people can't edit their options (which is necessary because of #1) at the same time, despite having two separate start screens.

4. My connection took a noticeable dip while playing splitscreen.

5. Frame-rate dropped HEAVILY. A little bit is understandable, but this was excessive...

Treyarch needs to take a page from Bungie on this... these shouldn't be that hard to fix.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Me & my other half play split screen alot and now she has become a big fan of  online play.

I agree with the orignal post about the flaws it is annoying and suprised with todays tech they could of done better.

your challenges dont come up or who uv killed etc etc.

Not sure if you have noticed but that is the price for a 22 INCH tv.

Yep that realy is a good price.

The only problem i had was how EASY sniping was made for split screen, the sights are nearly the same for every sniper. The dragonuv even has a regular crosshairs and is very easy to use.

Try it out, its way too simple.

Let them play each like we did in the old days sup'Golden eye lol

[quote user="Malaki UK"]

Easy fix would be to just remove online split-screening - yesh please!

[/quote]

No, just improve it.  With 4 people in one house that play CoD, split screen is awesome.

Easy fix would be to just remove online split-screening - yesh please!

Its not the split screen code that is horrible, it is that split screen period is a pain for developing a resource intensive game.  You have to render double the textures and send double the packets in split screen.  Even with that 3D television you would have the same issue because of the stress on the console.

@Jedi  It also comes with Resistance 3.

@game, I dont know your financial situation, but that really isnt a lot of money, especially if you start by putting at least 10 bucks a week away until its out. Seeing how much a standard 3D tv costs on average, that is a bit of a steal.