Split the cod series!

I have been wondering when if ever you guys at activision will just split the call of duty series up a bit so their is more room on a disc to put everything you need.

1) Instead of having 3 games on 1 disc, make a call of duty game dedicated to realistic military combat, have a story mode that a person can put 20 or 30 hours into, in addition to making a online multiplayer that not only delivers with lots of great stuff, but ties into the story mode in a way that let's you level up on both.  

2) Make a Zombies game, call it Nazi Zombies if you wish, although I have no issues with zombies, I don't think zombies has anything to do with a game that should be about military combat actions.  Call of duty to me should have nothing to do with zombies, despite all the talk and tv shows depicting zombies lately, I seriously doubt we will see them anytime in the next century.  Maybe a genetically altered mutant race, but no zombies.  

3) I fail to understand why we have a call of duty game hit every November, a crappy one made by Iw/sledgehammer, and one with a bunch of junk made by treyarch.  Don't burn yourself out activision, or you will find yourself wishing you had gone a little slower with releasing so much in a short period of time.  

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Not going to happen. Developers are in it for the numbers, setting records and making money. Most people would cry over having to buy certain game types individually that once came bundled together. You already have those who cry about the cost of dlc. For the most part, multiplatform games are being developed around the 360 and the capacity of the disc they use. Maybe once the next console comes out and MS gives in to Sony, developers will do more with games. As for having lengthy campaigns, I don't think any fps has had as massive campaign as Halo CE.

[quote user="awtacular"]

Not going to happen. Developers are in it for the numbers, setting records and making money. Most people would cry over having to buy certain game types individually that once came bundled together. You already have those who cry about the cost of dlc. For the most part, multiplatform games are being developed around the 360 and the capacity of the disc they use. Maybe once the next console comes out and MS gives in to Sony, developers will do more with games. As for having lengthy campaigns, I don't think any fps has had as massive campaign as Halo CE.

[/quote]

Care to explain.

[quote user="Psycho 504"]

[quote user="awtacular"]

[/quote]

Care to explain.

[/quote] I ment give in by being able to use larger capacity disc (Blu-ray) via a BD-Rom. I'm sure MS main concern is money and they don't want to support Sony, but with games demanding more and more space they are going to have to give in or make something better.

get rid of single player and put more into multiplayer.. sniper mode only.noobs etc..silly killstreaks like they do now and..3..5 and 7 basic killstreaks for the more realistic old school cod..all of those in their own category..that would keep everyone happy..also maps around the same size as all of cod 4 maps..perfect.

They probably could do that with a 2 disc game.   For example, 1 disc for Zombies and MP and a second disc for Single player.   Battfield 3 is a 2 disc game set up with CO-OP and MP on 1 and second disc has the campaign

they could do it for a one disc game if they disposed of single player ..i aint even touched the last 3 cods single player game apart from the first level..so boring..cod=multiplayer, cod single player= more money for the greedy companies...in otherwords..cod=rip-off.

[quote user="TAP H2O"]

They probably could do that with a 2 disc game.   For example, 1 disc for Zombies and MP and a second disc for Single player.   Battfield 3 is a 2 disc game set up with CO-OP and MP on 1 and second disc has the campaign

[/quote] Multiple disc is not the answer. The solution is to go to bigger media. Give in and pay Sony a few dollars to use a BD-Rom. Afterall Sony is supporting MS on their computers by using their software. Besides most people don't care for constantly swapping disc because all thats does it cause more risk for damaging them.

There's not a lot of switching..  you play the campaign, you finish it, done with one disc....  You pop in the MP disc and leave it..   You can say BD-ROM until you're blue in the face but fact is right now, as of this very moment, people have XBOX's that are not capable of that so until XBOX switches to a Blue Ray player, multiple disc is the answer

[quote user="TAP H2O"]

There's not a lot of switching..  you play the campaign, you finish it, done with one disc....  You pop in the MP disc and leave it..   You can say BD-ROM until you're blue in the face but fact is right now, as of this very moment, people have XBOX's that are not capable of that so until XBOX switches to a Blue Ray player, multiple disc is the answer

[/quote]It helps to read the thread instead of just replying. Read the first, second and third reply and you can clearly see I was talking about whatever the next console MS releases needs to use BD-Rom.

Ooooh burn.  If YOU would read it, in my first post, I was clearly referring to the OP's suggestion, in which case, it would be easier to make multiple discs, i.e. BF3, RIGHT NOW to add more content.  My second post was a response to your know-it-all answer.