Split Screening...fair tactic or exploiting connection?

So noticed an increase of split screen players recently. With genuine players I don't mind, done it myself when I've had friends round who don't have profiles and the games being played in the way its intended so alls fair. However in a few matches today with some spliscreeners in I've noticed 1 out of the 2 going extremely negative, 1 game tracked them down just to see them respawning n standing there making an easy kill for some one, next game same player this time hiding one of the guys prone n then running round with his other (located the prone guy after a bit of running about). Putting his team at a disadvantage by effectively putting them a player down! Is this just unfairly exploiting known connection/lag issues(can't think what other benefit they would get) or a justifiably tactic? Discuss........

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

They should have their own playlist and not be able to join regular lobbies. I played with some last night and the 2nd guy kept taking two Spas shells to the back point blank. Lagggg....

Probably boosting. You kill my GT(2) and Ill kill your GT(2) and our normal GTs K/D wont be effected.

"Is this just unfairly exploiting known connection/lag issues(can't think what other benefit they would get) or a justifiably tactic?"

It almost certainly is not a connection issue... the amount of connection required to run a second player from the same Xbox --and therefore connection-- can't be anything significant.

I can't see any serious benefit from one player running two screens in any game other than Free for All, and you can't start searching for a Free for All game with a second profile anyway. It could be boosting, as was pointed out above, but you'd need to be putting down an insertion and killing your mate's second profile at the same time. It would just be kind of clunky, I think.

Hiding one and playing another is not justifiable at all, no. Playing splitscreen with someone else who's actually playing is not unfair at all, by contrast.

seriously why the *** do you kids feel the need to impose a discussion by literally writing: discuss? id never do it again. In other news I'm defiantly noticing split console mania, and huge ping disadvantage against them. I probably die 50% more to split console laggers, and I was wondering the same exact thing. I was the host for the first time i can remember today in a game of OIC. I ran around, and got a 6 kill streak thinking the game mode was all or nothing. I had 6 bullets in my gun, and not until then did I notice it wasn't all or nothing. Something needs to be done against these homos

"In other news I'm defiantly noticing split console mania, and huge ping disadvantage against them. I probably die 50% more to split console laggers"

..... ? You can't tell that the reason their connection was awkward, if it was awkward, was because they were split-screen... and why does something need to be done against them? Having splitscreen available in Call of Duty, finally, is great. Do you not have anyone else who wants to join in, ever?

I've played with random people on CTF that leave a "2nd Character" hidden and stashed near the flag or spawn area to prevent spawn flipping/trapping.... since an enemy will sometimes try to hide in the flag area to make spawning away from the flag,ect.... Also when your main character dies you could swap controllers and try to prevent Flag caps or returns,ect...

Remember Black Ops had the Spike Camera item?  People use it like that... although it will help the enemy's kill streaks go up from the deaths,ect..

Split screeners are usually horrible, and I see no benefit to playing like that. I don't see how split screeners can focus on their side of the TV unless they have a 65+" TV. I always back out of TDM when I have a split screener on my team, unless the other team has one as well. The split screeners usually go like 2-14, and are no help at all.  On the flip side plaing on a full team with friends against multiple split screeners = maximum pwnnnage!!!

playing objective with split screeners is just plain horrible, but i guess not all split screeners are bad.