Spiderman Friend or Foe Live recent download (Dec. 2013) will not play on Xbox 360 Slim

Apparently, there is an issue playing Spider-Man: Friend or Foe on my Xbox 360 (slim) model consoles.  I downloaded the game on 12/22/2013 from the market place since it was "on sale". I had played the demo before purchase without any issues.

At startup the game will lockup at a black screen. Then it will freeze up the whole xbox 360 slim system.

After researching on the forums, this issue dates back to 2011 and the "work arounds" don't work. I've tried it. If XBOX was aware in 2011 of this issue why did they offer it for sale in December 2013 on the market place? Xbox just basically ripped me off/stole my money because I have a product that will not play. Is there anything I can do to get my money back for this game sold by XBOX for my XBOX 360S that does not work? Is there an official fix for it? Please advise.

When trying to search for the game in the market place now, it does not even show up. I can't even load the demo anymore. I had purchased this game in advance for my son's birthday today (1/26/2014) and he can't even play it. Talk about disappointment!!!  I WANT A REFUND OR A REAL FIX!!

Details: Spiderman: Friend or Foe 3.6GB

Purchased: December 22, 2012 saved to my hard drive

Credit card purchase

Specific Issue: After selecting the game, it goes to a Black Screen and never loads and freezes up my XBOX 360 Slim.

It does not give an error message.

I did the following and it did NOT resolve my issue:

• Delete the game: Settings > System > Storage > [select storage device] > Games and Apps > [select title] > [select content] > Delete
    1. NOTE: If you don't find the game or add-on here, try looking in the "Games" level for a file called "Unknown Game". Delete this instead.
  • Clear system cache: Settings > System > Storage > Highlight HDD, press "Y"  > Clear Cache > Yes
  • Restart the console
  • Re-download from purchase history: Settings > Account > Download History > [select content] > Download Again

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 79 Applies to:

The game's data is most likely corrupt and would need to be re-downloaded.  Unfortunately the publisher lost licensing rights and the title had to be pulled off the Games store.

You may try phoning billing and request a refund if you like but as was noted when you purchased the game "All sales are final."

http://www.xbox.com/contact-us

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The game does have problems with the Xbox 360 S model.  Some users have had success pressing the guide button just as the screen turns black.  That for some reason makes the game start, but it doesn't always work.

Xbox Ambassador.

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunately there is no "fix" I did manage to get a refund. I provided the proof from previous forums that this has been an issue since 2011 and Xbox decided to sell a defective product in December 2013.

Sorry this didn't help.

Okay thanks for all the information!

Sorry this didn't help.

please do not revive old threads.  while your gratitude is appreciated, this causes irrelevant and solved issues to push to the front and obscures newer, and more urgent posts.

Sorry this didn't help.