Speed wheel

Is anyone else getting the speed wheel that is released at the same time?  Having never used a steering wheel with racing games before I am quite looking forward to it.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Yes I have it and really enjoy the thing. I am not a hardcore racer that needs the expensive wheels or seats. It works great and adds a little more fun than a standard controller. And best of all no wires. there is no connection for a wired mic but i have the wireless anyway. It's also very comfortable to hold. I think you will really enjoy it.

What is the rumble/feedback like?

It's weak but I might not have it set up right. I guess with no wires or mount they don't want the thing to fly out of your hands...LOL!

When your driving in a straight line, and making very small corrections left and right. Can check and see if you notice a small deadzone in the center, where the wheel wont respond? Also how's the battery life?  And do your arms get tired?

Yes. there does seem a very small dead zone maybe 2% . It's not twitchey or overly sensitive. There does not seem to be any slowness in the reaction time. The battery life seems pretty good. I think it would be similar to a wireless controller, You can hold it down in your lap with your arms resting on your legs. Of course I lift it up if I am having an intense race. The nice thing is you can change your positions if your arms are getting tired.

I got it and am trying to figure the best way to configure it.  Does anyone know if there is a way to configure the LB RB buttons?

No there isn't. I'm not best pleased by this :-(

I love it for steering but the lack of bumpers is really starting to be a problem in Forza 4.  If I turn on my standard controller to use the bumpers, the game for some reason thinks I have a real, Fanatic-type, racing wheel.  The only way to get it to recognize my speed wheel is to exit out of Forza then back in.

I love it for driving... the only thing that really bothers me is that you can use it for tuning on Forza 4... it says to use the bumpers but on the wheel there's no bumpers.

Why in the world would Microsoft make this wheel without all of the controller buttons.  HUGE oversight.  They need to patch the game to re-map the LB-RB buttons to other buttons that are on the speed wheel.  Or at least be able to have wheel and controller assigned to same position 1 in your profile.  It's starting to bother me.