Spec Ops Problem

I have all the elite content, can go into private matches and play all the maps.  I'm able to go into elite and view my stats.......however, when I go to spec ops, Solo, and try to play Survival on the new maps I get this.....

NEW MW3 CONTENT
Enter Multiplayer and launch the Store to purchase new game content and Elite Premium Memberships.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

ive downloaded the elite maps and did an update went to play spec ops and the dam update reset my stats i was level 50 now level 1 xbox needs to get this fixed.

and now i get this Enter Multiplayer and launch the Store to purchase new game content and Elite Premium Memberships.

this is a pain

Same here  SOME of the new DLC maps  show up if i was to go directlyinto SpecOps mode upon booting up.. but i say ONLY SOME of them  not all.. then when i go into Multiplayer mode  and then go back into specops mode  NO MAPS.. and it says for me to do the same exact thing .. go to the store and purchase new maps..

As far as the rank THAT ALSO happened to me too!.  I was  high in the level too ..and all the stock maps were UNLOCKED  and stuff... NOW i am level one  and  all maps in the bottom three tiers are all LOCKED.  This happened right off the bat yesterday when i was checking for the new DLC.  This IWMarkRUBENS  dude  says to delete the game off the harddrive and reinstall it  and that will fix the ranks. .. WELL that did NOT WORK  I am STILL level one! and all the stock maps are STILL  LOCKED!

I think we are all screwed  with the Spec Op/Survival Mode  Rank issue... mark said that the  stats for this mode is saved as a file on your harddrive ...welll if that was the case.. and it is showing us LEVEL ONE then  good chance that stat file on the hdd  is reset  and NO WAY to get it back ..  unlike other games where your starts are stored on the server!.

Yes. it is disappointing..as an old friend of mine and i both worked hard to unlock all the Survival mode maps.. and to get our ranks up!..   now it is saying i have to start all over?!?!?! 

Ok i just read this  about the  Spec ops mission Artic Recon::

"(WARNING: THIS RESETS YOUR SPEC OPS STATS-- we are working on urgent fix. We advise you to NOT play this mission if you don't want S/O stats reset)"

Does anyone see the  problem with this statement?!   They tell us this NOW?!?!   But only after our ranks been reset!  How ironic is that?!

I mean, come on!!!  What's the first thing your going to do when you download a NEW MAP?? .. You're going to try it out...   DUH!!!  

If they released this Statement  BEFORE you download it then OK you would have been prewarned!   But then that would bring up yet another question..  Why would they release something if they knew it was going to reset your ranks?

So as you look at the facts..  your screwed either wayt! 

2 days later and still no fix for any of the issues!  It is dissapointing that  this happened...  i mean like i say if it wasnt broke in the first place  why fix it?!  They just made it worse!

I got a fix for mine by deleting the game off the hdd and not reinstalling it. I did this and managed to play Arctic Recon. My stats are Ok now.

i dont know how it worked for  you  but  it didnt work for me and  other people i know!!

[quote user="Count Nachos"]

I got a fix for mine by deleting the game off the hdd and not reinstalling it. I did this and managed to play Arctic Recon. My stats are Ok now.

[/quote]

It will be nice when people can just download new content and it works like it is supossed to. Ive had similar problems with the other drops when playing with none-elite members. When playing with none-elite members it would say DLC disabled because other player didn't have it. But they did have it. We would both have to delete the maps and re-download them again to get it to work. This has happened on every drop.

I had the same thing happen to me with the spec ops and I didn't play the Artic Recon Map.  I wasn't that high of a level but when I went in to play after the new content drop I was reset to level one as well.  Played last night and quit after getting to level 10, well tonight it again reset me to level one. I played for a bit tonight and then backed out to the dashboard and then when I went back into spec ops back to level one. argh!!

I have the rank problem with spec ops too. I don't even have elite. I logged on to play some 2 days ago and I see that I am rank 1. I was rank 40 the day before. It shows 0% completed in the main menu, but it shows the hours spent. Also, my stats are all gone too, but my progress is still there. It still shows my scores for each mission, including the ones that are now "classified." It is not a problem with Elite or the DLC because I don't have either one. I don't get how half of my stuff is there, but the other half is just lost overnight.

OK i have mine back to normal... but it isnt that easy everyone is saying... there is a file called Multiplayer Save file   or something to that effect... and that file  is whats holding the data for  the Spec Ops/ Survival mode stats!.    Once your rank has been reset back to one,  it is saved to that data file and there is NO WAY to correct it!   it will be  remain that way  as that is  the file that hold that information.   All these things  everyone is saying  to do DOES NOT work!.   The only thing  I DID FIND that worked was to remove the game from the hard drive as they claim and that DOES fix the OUT OF MEMORY problem but NOT the RANK reset issues

I tested this out by copying a  previous back up of that  Multiplayer save file  from a memory card back to my hdd  and sure enough my  Rank was back to  normal.  But before i did that i copied the one that was on there..(the corrupt one)...Welll after i found that my backup worked... I  put  the corrupt one back on there just to see and shure enough back to level 1..    so YES that told me that THAT  one file was the culprit!!  I am glad i had a backup of it!..  Thats what makes it nice to be able to back up your save game files!.    I know some games dont allow that  and thats what sucks...   but Thats what makes  MW3   a better game to be able to back it up!!  :O) 

once you guys  get your rank back up again i would back up that file for future purposes.