spawning after controlling ssr

I'm curious about something. I always thought in previous releases, that if you were killed while using a laptop or whatever, that you would spawn immediately and be able to be killed more than once while controlling your reward. Its not something I ever checked up on, but just assumed thats how it worked.

Last night I got a dragonfire, and chased an enemy ..... another story here altogether because I chased the guy all over the place shooting him and he wouldnt die ..... but anyhow I "followed" him to where I was hiding and he killed me. I continued flying it around for a while, not having any problems killing anyone else, and when the dragonfire was destroyed I went back to the place I was killed, still dead, and then I respawned somewhere else.

So I take it, in blops 2 you dont respawn until you are finished controlling your reward.

Is this correct? And am I mistaken about previous releases. I know when I'd get killed then, I would close the laptop and be spawned somewhere already, just dont know if I was there the whole time or if the animation was different.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

That's how it's always been in previous titles as far as I remember. I've been killed while using an RC or Chopper Gunner in BO1 and it showed my body for a second then respawn.

That has happened to me before with the dragonfire where I couldn't kill someone. I thought it must have been if the enemy had coldblooded you couldn't kill them?

If they have CB then the red diamond doesn't show up around them. But they are still very much killable. I had a bunch of them use CB when I had a VTOL but they still died.

Killing the person doesnt "kill" the SSR. As far as I can remember its always been the get killed and respawn in after the SSR finishes.

Ok, maybe the animation is a little  slower between finishing the ssr and spawning, because I only noticed it a couple times before, and I assumed I had just died. I always had the thought in my mind you would respawn immediately and be able to be killed multiple times.

But yeah, the guy had a red diamond on him or else I'd have thought I was chasing a teammate, and I was following about 6 feet behind him just firing away. I even stopped chasing him for a couple seconds to kill another guy and went back to chasing him some more. I never did kill him, I just gave up finally and went somewhere else to kill his buddies.

^^He was probably host and "had a step on you" via connections?

lol, you got me wondering so I went to teater and watched it.

Nothing at all like I remember. It looked like some drunk was flying the thing, weaving all over the place and shooting at air.

I keep thinking I'd like to start my cap card up some time and film the game the way I see it. Too lazy though, I guess, or maybe I just dont care enough when the game's over.

I think it will still show the host view from the game (like a killcam), but not sure.

I always thought that when you are controlling a scorestreak and you die, it should go away. I mean your character is dead, and is no longer holding the iPad thing, shouldn't what your controlling crash?

[quote user="UneasyJmitchell"]

I think it will still show the host view from the game (like a killcam), but not sure.

[/quote]  

I can set it to run while I'm playing and it will record what's on the screen. It just means I have to keep turning it on and off after every match or it will record a rediculously huge file.

My problem though is that my card is not hd, so in order to use it means I have to switch from hd then crawl around behind the tv to change the wiring around .... its just a pain in the butt.

The worst part is, any time I've run it, nothing interesting happens.