Spawn Protection

How come Activision doesn't put in spawn protection in their multiplayer?  Is it really that hard to implement that into their code.  Gears 3 did it and it has stopped spawn killing.  Also, for all the people that do the spawn killing.  What draws you to do it?  Do you work at an assembly factory, where when you come home from work you can't help but to sit in one spot and do the same thing over, and over, and over, and over again?  Just tying to understand why people don't play the game. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

there used to be spawn protection

it was called pain killer

but people cried about it

so they took it away

Because it's unfair to other players if you can spawn with a few seconds of invincibility on such a small map.

The spawn protection in GoW3 is the second most annoying thing in that game.

COD is ALL ABOUT spawn trapping the enemy before they spawn trap you. If you not playing it that way, your playing it wrong.

the only map that is really bad about Spawn killing is Nuketown. By the way, if you know you are going to be spawn killed  then why are you getting killed? You should only ever get spawn killed one time, only horrible players or good players on horrible teams get spawn trapped.

The maps are too poorly designed for the most part. The only maps where spawn protection would work are the very large ones such as Array.

[quote user="BuLLeT MaGNeTzz"]

there used to be spawn protection

it was called pain killer

but people cried about it

so they took it away

[/quote]

This!!!!

Maps like nuketown, I've gotten killed by someone who just spawned way more than I have killed them .......... and I admit thats one map that I watch the spawns closely just for the purpose of killing them. Especially when i spawn in the brown picket fence. I can back away from that spot watching it and gauranteed the instant I turn away someone will spawn there and shoot me in the back.

Other maps I have sorta mixed feelings about ... but on nuketown, I figure if you are there long enough for me to see you you're fair game.

[quote user="a tired old guy"]I figure if you are there long enough for me to see you you're fair game.[/quote]

Well, we were playing hardcore CTF and this other guy and myself kept spawning in the garage, right in front of the door where the garage meets the kitchen to the house, and there was a guy sitting in the kitchen looking at us waiting for us to spawn.  He just kept killing us.  We didn't even get a chance to move.

Spawn trapping happens on firing range too.  2 of the funnest maps to play out there, and people abuse the spawns and make the game unenjoyable.  This obviously doesn't happen all the time, but I can say this is happening more often than when I started playing.

Yeah . I agree they get abused.

I really dont see why, even in game modes with designated spawn areas that they couldnt have backup spots for when an enemy is really close.

i've seen plenty of the vids ( there was one on the cod forum yesterday where a guy was sitting right behind the spawn with a death machine) and dont at all agree with doing it, but at the same time can see the temptation. Its kind of had to draw the line sometimes as to waht is fair and what isnt.

I play mostly ffa, and know that in most cases you wont spawn within a certain range of the enemy so spawn killing at least has to be done from a distance, where there still has to be a little accuracy at least. Even putting a claymore in a spawn area will stop the enemy from spawning there.

In ctf, there is no reason why you couldnt respawn randomly over an area of about 1/3 of the map.