Spartan Ops Difficulty

I have noticed that in recent matches, I only end up in Legendary difficulty.  Previously I have played Normal and Heroic, which is fine, but I keep getting my **** handed to me at Legendary and it makes it not so much fun, if you know what I mean.  I can only find settings if I play Spartan Ops solo.  Anyone know how to play only at a level more to my ability?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Playing with more than 2 users i think automatically puts you on legendary. If you are trying to play the game without dying then you are doing it wrong :).

Playing it on Solo you can set your settings manually but playing under matchmaking will put you on Legendary, i prefer it that way as it's too easy otherwise.

easy is in the eye of the beholder ...... what you may think is easy may be hard to another ...... there have been more then one episode of SP OPS that if you were alone on Legendary it would be a nightmare even for the seasoned veteran

It won't always put it on Legendary.  I may be wrong but I think 3 players puts it on Heroic and with 4 it's on Legendary.

I always have played with a total of 4 players since launch.  It just started defaulting to Legendary.

Two players play Heroic, three and four play Legendary if you're finding online Spartan Ops.

If you want anything easier (lol?) you can set it yourself by choosing a chapter locally.

Yep, yourself and one other person will give you Heroic, anymore I'd assume would be Legendary.

When I play with other people, it has always been with a full squad of 4 Spartans.  I've been wondering how come I keep on playing Spartan Ops on Legenday and now I know the reason why  :)  I honestly don't really mind it, but it still leaves me wondering why didn't 343i use the same system that Mass Effect 3 multiplayer uses(choose Bronze, Silver, Gold, or Platinum difficulty setting).  I love Spartan Ops!  I hope that Halo 5 will impliment both Firefight Mode and Spartan Ops  :)

I like Legendary and even solo :) I prefer to play it with one other person and that´s it. It´s more fun and challenging and I made it last time 79 kills and 0 death. I love Spartan Ops :)

Stay in the distance if you are not that good at it. 

[quote user="HaloJolly"]

Stay in the distance if you are not that good at it. 

[/quote]

^^This works for War Games also

I just snipe away from the distance with my BR and stay in cover because there is no point in rushing into your demise when you can patiently take out the opposition  :)