Spartan Ops Difficulty

I have noticed that in recent matches, I only end up in Legendary difficulty.  Previously I have played Normal and Heroic, which is fine, but I keep getting my **** handed to me at Legendary and it makes it not so much fun, if you know what I mean.  I can only find settings if I play Spartan Ops solo.  Anyone know how to play only at a level more to my ability?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Sadly players do not have control of the difficulty in matchmaking spartan ops. Only way to control difficulty is playing private matches alone or with friends. It used to be defaulted to Heroic online, but now it seems to be Legendary in some matches for some reason.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Online ops difficulty is usually Heroic (when the ops come out) or legendary. (in the time between a new 5 episodes) unless you play solo or with some friends in a private match these are the only 2 difficulties you will have.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there,

In Spartan Ops Matchmaking, you are only able to change the difficulty in "Create Game" mode. You may play solo or with your own party in that mode and choose whatever difficulty you wish to play on. In this mode, you can choose to play any chapter from any episode whereas in "Find Game", you may only find the most recent episode and its chapters. In "Find Game", the difficulty is set beforehand. You are not able to change it. When Episode 1-5 came out, the difficulty was on Heroic for each week. Once they were over, they started playing the community's favorites and later on put up Episode 1-5 again, but this time on Legendary. Episode 6-10 will be on Legendary each week once they get released. You may play them in "Create Game" mode if you wish to lower the difficulty. In "Find Game", you usually get teamed up with 3 random people online so that you may do the mission together. In my opinion, playing with others helps finish the missions quicker as compared to doing it solo on Legendary. Furthermore, you also get an idea of how skilled your competition is. I hope this cleared things out for you. Have a great day and good luck!

Sorry this didn't help.