Spartan **** on Xbox One 24th December

Announced yesterday on #343Day

Today, we are excited to announce that Halo: Spartan **** will be released for the Xbox One on December 24th, 2013 for $14.99 via digital download. Halo: Spartan **** for Xbox One and Xbox 360 features over 30 missions, the all-new online Co-op mode, and the Operation Hydra expansion pack.

Fans that have purchased Halo: Spartan **** for Windows 8 or Windows Phone 8 prior to December 15, 2013, will be eligible to purchase the Xbox One version of the game at the discounted price of $4.99.

Halo: Spartan **** for Xbox 360 will be available in January 2014.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Here is some gamplay footage of the new co-op mode aswell.

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=channel%3A523a14a6-0-2299-8b0d-1a11c21216&feature=iv&src_vid=5pbKYHBiExw&v=mO6b9y86WnI]

Meh.... I honestly don't see why Windows (Phone) 8 users get the discount here whereas us console ownsers have to pay full price considering this game wasn't originally $15 over Winodws 8 to begin with, and XBox One does have a modofied version of it.  I can understand the pricing of a tablet game going console plus the added content, but that's simply not the principle of it.  If PC users already have it on Windows 8 then why bother to repurchase it?  If they don't have an XBox One, which most PC users are more likely to stick to their PC versions anyway, that means they have to spend another $500 for an XBox One anyway, then $5 more for the game.  Windows Phone 8 users are basically in the same boat, with the exception of whether or not they own PC, XBox One, or both.  And I know some people will start asking things along the lines of, would I/it be fair to pay full price again had it be the other way around?  Absolutely!  I've already done it on multiplatIform retailer games in the past (Soul Calibur 2 on gameCube, playStation 2, and XBox since each had their own exclusive characters, Soul Calivur 4 on Xbox 360 and playStation 3 for the same reason prior to the Yoda DLC for PlayStation 3 and Darth VAder DLC fo XBox 360), so if it costs me/us full price because it's a considerdd a new purchase on another platform, then that's obviously the price I/we pay.  Irealize my response is obviously too clase to its releaseandas usual, 100% unlikely they doanything about it or ackowledge these types of things things, but I just rather ahd to get this out ether way, which I already have once or twice via YouTube comments.