So....why is Bioshock 2 so bad?

I just finished BS2 after playing 20 hours of it...then putting it away for a long time.  I just finished it playing the last couple of levels.

I don't get why ppl say it's so bad.  Is it more or less....more of the same?  Sure....but thats not really a bad thing.  Was the story not as good?  Sure....but then again it's the gameplay that makes both Bioshock 1/2 so fun.

I really don't see the "OMGZ, BS2 IS ABOMINATION WTFBBQ!!!!" as very reasonable.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It did kinda have that been here done this before feeling, but I still enjoyed it.

I always said it was better in terms of story, game mechanics, and the addition of multiplayer. But it does have that I've been here feeling which is the main gripe with it.

I liked Bioshock 1 for the atmosphere- the setting, the backstory, the vision of what Rapture was supposed to be, contrasted against what it turned into. The actual story however I didn't care for. The whole i'm your father thing was very meh. I was much more interested in exploring Rapture...

-

But because I had already explored it, the second game just felt like more of the same, only this time I found the story even worse.

Because BS1 was a severely over-hyped, mediocre Game to begin with. Given a Sequel to such a Game would be more of the same but even less then anything remotely appealing in the original. 

I would say bioshock is overhyped too because the story was great until that certain point (if you played, you know what I am talking about) then it falls flat....kind of drags. BUt the second has a personal story thats great all the way through.  Emotional ending will make some of boys cry. lol

I liked the second one better. Both are great games though

I personally loved both of them.
Havent gotten a chance to play Infinite yet. 

nothing special with bioshock 1&2, but infinite looks AWESOME.

I've never really heard people go as far as saying it's an abomination, it's just not as good as the first.

-

The second was still good, but I didn't compel me to play through it more than once.

For me, its just Bioshock in new pants.  It doesn't really feel like it's advanced much.

Big sisters aren't enough of an interesting addition to make it worthwhile, and everything else is more or less copy-pasted.