South Park: Stick of the Truth - By UbiSoft

UbiSoft bought it and for some reason I'm thinking the game will be a whole lot better than it would've been if THQ had released it. I've been very pleased with their games (Splinter Cell, Prince of Persia, Assassin's Creed, etc) so UbiSoft was definitely a superb pick.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

^^^^hmmmm, I wasnt worried until you said you thought it was a good thing.  Now......

um, ubisoft has a pretty crappy track record, look at their games the last few years

-

assassins creed again again again

ghost recon future failure

far cry which was a cool single player then boring

delaying rainbow 6 patriots

-

oh yea online passes galore as well.

Ubisoft makes great games.

I'm willingly to bet that unless they do something retarded, the publisher is irrelevant. The createrso f South are directly involved. They are the ones who contacted Obsidian Directly, not THQ contacting them and hiring Obsidian. Idk how THQ became involved as a publisher, but I'm sure Ubisoft is happy they are now publishing it so they will reap the rewards. Obsidian is developing the game, the creators are directly involved, and in this case, the publisher is only there to distribute, market, and fund the game for their own benefit. The only benefit with being with Ubisoft is that they probably aren't stupid enough to shoot themselves in foot(No, I'm not talking about THQ here) and they are not EA or Activision.

The last splinter cell was meh

forgot about that one, most ubisoft games this gen were terrible, granted that GRAW 1 and 2 as well as rainbow 6 vegas were some of the best games this gen, those were also years ago.

[quote user="US Revenge"]

um, ubisoft has a pretty crappy track record, look at their games the last few years

-

assassins creed again again again

ghost recon future failure

far cry which was a cool single player then boring

delaying rainbow 6 patriots

-

oh yea online passes galore as well.

[/quote]

I don't know; as bad as Ubisoft is with their love of yearly rehashes and use of the bs online pass scheme, they do publish considerably better games than THQ.

In any case, I'm just glad the South Park RPG is still going to happen...

THQ was publishing it. Just like Ubisoft is. Obsidian is developing it. The final product will end up being the same game.

Online Pass only matters if you buy a used game and then the code has already been used by someone else, if factory sealed new, no need to worry about it.