SOUND

i know it's only a beta but does anybody else think the sound is very poor . i use a set of astro a40s and have tried a few different sound settings and it makes no difference my main gripe is hearing enemy movement i can hear my own foot steps but never the enemy's . have been knifed if the back loads simply because i can not  hear any enemy foot steps .  the enemy can run up behind me jump up and down and dance a jig and i won't hear a thing . 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I dont think this is the final sound we will get in the endgame.. I agree with you, i think BC2 sounds better with my x41. But im pretty sure i did read somewhere that they also tuned down the sound a bit for this beta..

I have turtle beach x11's, I think the sound is great, can't wait for the final version.

I have the X11's coupled to the earforce DSS 7.1 virtual dolby box thingy and the sound is fantastic , noone can sneak up on me , the directional sound is second to none as are all the sounds in general. I have heard there will be more sounds in the final release but not that its going to better , its already the best ive heard in any game in 20 years of gaming! Honestly :)

You guys are using Wartapes? or just Dolby? Cus in wartapes i really think the BC2 sounds are better.. i cant hear enemy footsteps.. Not even with my 7.1 headphones.

yes mate i am but i really dont think wartapes is working properly in the beta as the differance between home cinema and wartapes in BC2 is much more noticable than it is in BC3. In BC2 the number of sounds increases as well as the overall "feel" I dont seem to get the same effect with BC3.

So now i understand what you mean (i thought you meant the sounds in general) i have to agree

Ive noticed after 2-4 rounds the sound either cuts out of drops to a very low level..and it freezes up here and there.

i've noticed that the sound cuts out after a few rounds too. all i can hear when that happens is my own gunshots and very close footsteps. it does kind of ruin the experience but then fingers crossed all of that will be ironed out by final release...

Dusty Arne, why in 'tar nation would they tune the sound down for a beta?  that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever ... but i agree as well, the sound in this game blows big time ...

You shouldn't be able to hear footsteps that well. a few meters around yourself maybe but not more.

-

My main gripe with the sound (other than the cutting out glitch that probably won't be in the final product) Is that most of the guns sound like toys.

Yeah the game volume fluctuates for me, I'm using turtlebeaches. It will get really quiet then I will walk by the sam turret as it goes off and nearly deafen me.