Sound quality of in-game music worse than original soundtrack-file

Hi.  I just made a discovery.  I found a copy of the "Daily Challenges" and "origins" music tracks uploaded on the internet.  Afterwords I went to the actual Taptiles game itself and noticed that the music IN the game itself is worse quality in comparison to the soundtrack files uploaded on the internet.

What's up with that?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Here's where I found music tracks online:  soundcloud.com/.../taptiles  (it only seems to have two of the game-tracks though; 'daily challenges' and 'origins')

Here's the thing, I have a high quality soundcard AND headphones with my Acer 7741g running Windows 8 Pro.  I'm even able to tell the quality difference even with my laptop's onboard Realtek laptop soundcard.

Just in case this also helps, here's a recording I made directly from my PC's audio output comparing what I hear from the online version (first half) to the in-game version (second half):  filehost987654321.webs.com/TAPT.mp3

We're curious - where did you find these music tracks? We'd like to compare these sources on our test systems to determine if it's your system playing the in-game music at a lower quality, or if it's due to compression and performance issues in our game. Thanks!