Sound Glitch? Cracklin's!

When I continue or load a game save I have a "crackling" noise coming from my character? I know this sounds odd but when I pause or open the menu it goes away, i've tried dropping all of my belongings and it's still there, I've cleared the cache mem and reloaded Skyrim to the hd and it's still there. I have found that if I transform into a Werewolf and then back to human form it fixes it but sucks that I have to do this everytime I play. Got any ideas?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Or the TV

This sound glicth only occurs when I have a follower and he/she is near, when I run until exhausted I do not hear it until they catch up to me. sounds like they are on fire or cooking bacon in a frying pan...

Mmmmm bacon... gotta run to Bob Evans now!

The only time I hear the "Bacon" is when I have a mage follower or have just whacked a mage type. They keep cookin even after dead.

I've read somewhere that some old save start scenarios will also cause this since the last patch. Try fresh all the way and see if it goes away.

[quote user="AngelusTenebrus"]

The only time I hear the "Bacon" is when I have a mage follower or have just whacked a mage type. They keep cookin even after dead.

I've read somewhere that some old save start scenarios will also cause this since the last patch. Try fresh all the way and see if it goes away.

[/quote]

That's when I hear it too - usually, it's after your Follower or the Enemy has used some kind of Resurrect spell.

-

Once when I entered a Fort, my own character started making the 'jumping' sound even though I was crouched the whole time. It was pretty distracting and the only way I could get rid of it was to reload an earlier save.

I found that jumping sound goes away on it's own most of the time for me. Really scares the crap out of you sometimes. I thought it was followers doing it but then I had when all alone too.