Soul Calibur 5 ?'s

I've been wanting to get SCV for quite a while now but after reading a couple reviews and opinions by my friends all i've heard is that its basically no different than SCIV its even lacking a few characters.

I dont really want to spend 60 bucks on a game that almost just like what I already have so im probably just gonna wait til it hits about 29.99 which im sure it will soon enough.
But anyways is it actually that similar to SCIV? And hows the character creation? Ive seen a couple videos and it seems quite a bit more vast than in the last game. Is there an option to import characters from SCIV ive grown quite attached to some of them haha.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I regret buying it. They removed perfectly good characters and added annoying replacements. Some characters seem very overpowered and others feel broken. The create a player mode was hyped up to be awesome but it's not. It's got some good points but overall it felt shallower than SC4. They have three characters that are just mimics, one for all characters and the other two are gender specific. They also have two new characters who count as four because they have two different weapon styles. It's like a step backwards. The only real plus I can say is the levels and stuff look beautiful.

Wait for it to be cheap if you're gonna bother and don't waste money on DLC.

[quote user="UnyoBro"]

I regret buying it. They removed perfectly good characters and added annoying replacements. Some characters seem very overpowered and others feel broken. The create a player mode was hyped up to be awesome but it's not. It's got some good points but overall it felt shallower than SC4. They have three characters that are just mimics, one for all characters and the other two are gender specific. They also have two new characters who count as four because they have two different weapon styles. It's like a step backwards. The only real plus I can say is the levels and stuff look beautiful.

Wait for it to be cheap if you're gonna bother and don't waste money on DLC.

[/quote]

Thanks for the opinion man! Glad I didnt pay full price for it then.

And thats exactly what im gonna do wait till its pretty cheap, which im betting it will be down in the 20 dollar range later this summer.

I was thinking of getting this game as well, but I'll also wait for a price drop. @ Moshed Brotatoe. Dude, your gamerpic is freakin' awesome. I love that game. I just finished my third playthrough.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

[quote user="brandiesel1"]

I was thinking of getting this game as well, but I'll also wait for a price drop. @ Moshed Brotatoe. Dude, your gamerpic is freakin' awesome. I love that game. I just finished my third playthrough.

[/quote]

I just bought it here recently, but I agree! Its awesome :) Cant believe I had never got around to playing it earlier. I was surprised how good it actually is.

How much was the gamer pic?

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

it's a good game but i don't think worth the $60 either .. looks very beautiful but the characters you have to choose from are disappointing ..

From what I've seen I'll be picking it up after a price drop as well, it looks too much like SCIV for me to pay full price for it right now.

Totally agree it was not worth the $60 I dropped on it. I never trade in games but I took that puppy back while i could still get $45 for it. At a $15 loss I will probably get it again when it hits $30 or lower.

[quote user="brandiesel1"]

How much was the gamer pic?

[/quote]

There are two packs, with like 5 pics each. This is from the first pack. They are only 80 points for the pack haha. I just happened to have a random 100 points the other day so I was like hell yea!

Wait until it's cheap or just pass on it. They really threw balance out the window with this one.