Sorry for been so direct....

But  with this whole "problem" with the Black Ops Annihilation/Region Lock for countries in US/UK; some of the responses in here; even by people that work at Microsoft make it seem as if we're jumping through hoops in order to get the Black Ops content (or any content).

No, we aren't. 

We buy our content from the region that our accounts are tied, quick example:

(See, Puerto Rico = Country/Region: United States)

This is the first time this happens (well, recently; because as some may remember Microsoft forgot to put Puerto Rico as part of the US at launch and we weren't able to even put our address).

I mean, in my case a have:

• Xbox 360 Slim from the US
  • US-digital copy of Black Ops (Games on Demand),
  • First Strike [EN] (US) though a code I purchased at Gamestop
  • Escalation [EN](US) by buying 1200 Microsoft Points though the Xbox 360 and downloaded it there

...and now I can't download Annihilation [EN](US) because "is not available in my region". Lets not forget the many other Indies, Arcade, Add-Ons, etc. I've urchased in the past ; heck I can even watch ESPN-HD because my internet provider is one of the few that allow for streaming of it; something that not even some providers in the continental US allow.

Not even people that bought/preordered the Annihilation codes through Gamestop can redeem it, and they can't even get their money back.

I know that Microsoft is "working to solve the issue"; but the responses in here of just "sorry the content is not available in your region" and "make sure to change your region to the real one" are just..ignorant.

Isle of Man and Jersey are part of the UK, Puerto Rico and Guam are part of the US; so admit that there was a mistake by your part; instead of accusing us as if we're doing things wrong; when many of us has been supporters since launch and spent thousands on it; just to now make us feel as we were doing something illegal and you're correcting it.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Now, even Netflix included Puerto Rico in their streaming service. It would be nice if this situation was acknowledged by Microsoft, and more info/updates were posted openly.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

And sorry if I sound pissed off or angry, is not my intention. :p

I'm quite calm, I just posted what I posted to inform that this is not something that many of "us" changed, or something we altered in our units.

My post(s) was more with the intention to inform;  rather than to rant about the situation. :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.