ign has the scoop

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Thread is offtopic.  Locking down.

I never said there was anything wrong with it and you guys are taking a lot of this stuff out of context. Playful learning would be great for my kids which i already established earlier when you asked about the kinect games in my recent played. I have never said there was anything wrong with any of it except for the lack of core studio focus coexisting with these other studios. After reading through pages of search engines linking these studios to their specialties, the only one I can come up with that has a Core specialty is Black Tusk.

Is there something wrong with the idea behind playful learning?

I would think xbox gamers who have young ones in the house would like to have something nice to play on the Xbox....

Give the kids some knowledge, then show them what not to do in real life & load up Grand Theft Auto.

And just because the wiki link is talking about large scale multiplayer from Connected Experiences, the details I have picked up about the studio doesn't really seem like what were hoping for. Here is their studios job opening.

m.olx.com/.../268371514

Microsoft Studios' Connected Experiences group is looking for a Producer to join an ambitious new publishing team focused on Windows 8 gaming.

The Producer will manage multiple projects and contribute directly to the strategy and operation of a new games publishing business for Windows 8. The producer will work with international independent games studios to drive creation of exceptional tablet games, published as part of the Microsoft Studios portfolio.

And here is playful learning.

www.microsoft.com/.../10-18KinectPlayfulLearning.aspx

Microsoft today introduced Kinect “playful learning,” an initiative to deliver enriching and entertaining content for children on Kinect for Xbox 360. The company also announced new games and experiences for kids, including interactive television episodes of Sesame Street and National Geographic.

But have you taken the time to look at the profiles of these studios with untitled projects? I posted it earlier with links but according to Kami, I'm a liar. I will use Platform Next as an example. There was also two studios that I saw that were actually the same studio but names changed.

m.joystiq.com/.../microsoft-hiring-for-leap-and-platform-next-game-studios

Microsoft is staffing up for two new studios within Microsoft Studios: LEAP and Platform Next. The job listing for Platform Next sufficiently explains the purpose of that studio: "pioneering experiences on Kinect." We assume that means innovative uses of the tech, not The Oregon Trail.

LEAP, however, is more nebulous: it's an "incubation team," identified as "the people that developed Kinect and profoundly changed the way people interact with technology." It sounds like some kind of think tank for games -- but one that is making a game right now, as it needs a level designer.

I also got a kick out of the list of owned franchises & properties.  I just listed the ones I either liked or found interesting that they were even mentioned.

[quote user="Mr. Wiki"]

* Banjo-Kazooie
    * Battletoads
    * Black & White
    * Blast Corps
    * Blue Dragon
    * Brute Force
    * Conker
    * Crackdown
    * Crimson Alliance
    * Fable
    * Forza Motorsport
    * Halo
    * Infinite Undiscovery
    * Jet Force Gemini
    * Killer Instinct
    * Lost Odyssey
    * MechAssault
    * Ninety-Nine Nights
    * Perfect Dark
    * Project Gotham Racing
    * Rallisport Challenge
    * 'Splosion Man
    * State of Decay
    * Toy Soldiers

[/quote]

@Murder, not sure why you are so against Arcade titles, like they are not worthy to be considered.  A lot of the Arcade titles are the type of games people are looking for who don't want the every day FPS or Action title.  Digital games are the future & are quickly proving to be on par with the big AAA Retail Discs.

Just by reading the MGS wiki page, it says they have 21 development teams, most of which are working on untitled projects, which means the next XBOX.  So it is no big surprise that the past few years there isn't MGS stamped games flying onto shelves.

But the following is what i'm most interested in. 

[quote user="Mr. Wiki"]

Connected Experiences – Untitled Project – Design Large scale multiplayer title and help other first party studios

[/quote]

That is what I really care about right there.  I'm more into the idea of gaming with friends in more unique ways.

The following isn't anything to scoff at.

[quote user="Mr. Wiki"]

Microsoft has published three games that received "Universal Acclaim" (Metacritic score 90 or greater): Forza Motorsport 4, Gears of War 3 and Halo 4.

[/quote]

FYI, those games were released in 2011 & 2012.  Whether anyone cares for those 3 franchises or not, the fact remains it was a good choice to create & release those games.  All of which were in a nice green case, not purple.

Also thought that this was interesting tidbit of MGS after 2010.

[quote user="Mr. Wiki"]

For 2012, the games review aggregation site Metacritic gives the average of Microsoft games as 77.2 (out of 100), the highest score for a first-party publisher. The nearest ranked first-party publisher is Nintendo at 74.4.

[/quote]

Not too bad to be ahead of Nintendo & Sony who have been in the game much longer.

Also looking at Metacritic's Console Comparison for games released in 2012.
Xbox has 7 "great games 90 or higher" with 8 "good exclusives of 75 or higher"
PS3 is 6 & 6 while Wii(U) was 1 & 6.
So clearly MS did do something right in 2012, even if some people don't play any of the titles they refer to.

There you go again accusing me if false statements. Is it really that hard for you to get a clue? Your either ignorant and stumbling around the idea like Officer Barbrady or you are trolling. Had you never entered the thread in the first place, it never would have even escalated to this.If its a false statement to say that Kinect, Arcade, Gears, Halo and Forza are the only things developed beyond 2010, what exactly am I missing in my library? And if you don't like what I'm saying, you can always leave the thread. Just because your tastes may be shooter, shooter, racer, Kinect. That's not necessarily everybody's taste. I'm wrong to expect more from a company so rich? We can go on like this all night. I'm drinking tequila. It will be fun. Guess while I'm waiting for your next troll response, ill go play the latest and greatest that you say I'm lying about. Maybe something by Ruffian, Bizarre Creations, Indie Built, Artoon, Feel Plus, Blue Side, Esemble or Stamper Brothers Rare game. Oh ***. They don't exist.