Son's Gamertag Not Working Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare

My can no longer access Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare via Xbox Live.  He was playing on-line in a lobby and after killing someone and getting killed himself, he could no longer access the game on-line.   His rankings were also deleted.  He can still use the gamertag for other games, but would like to use the same gamertag for this game.  I contacted the Xbox LIve Help Desk (Reference # 1154385251) and the representative told me to submit a request in the on-line forum (Account Suspension/Live Enforcement Team) because there was nothing she could do except tell him to start a new gamertag, which is not a alternative.  His friends and the representative think he was illegally modd'ed.  Can you reactive his gamertag (Bobby8799) for Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare ?  Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 25 Applies to:

Unfortunately the support rep was right, that really is your only option. You can try getting on to Infinity Ward and see if they can help you but the prognosis isn't all that good.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for your reply.  The rep also stated if he changed his gamertag, he would have to buy a new membership for the new gamertag (he changed the original one assigned to him).  Why should I have to buy a new membership when I/he have/has no fault and did nothing wrong?  Also, I "assume" there isn't anyway that this can be prevented in the future?  

Sorry this didn't help.

There is a way to prevent this happening in the future should you choose to go down the new GT route. If your son suspects there's anything dodgy going on in the lobby advise him to exit to the dashboard (guide button > Y) or power down the console immediately. That'll preserve his stats and he can carry on as normal. The older COD games (ie from MW2 backwards) are essentially a free for all when it comes to hacks these days, Neither Infinity Ward or Treyarch police them anymore and there's only so much the XBLPET can do on their own.

That being said Black Ops has so far proven to be near impregnable for hackers, they're banned pretty quickly and the few times they have breached the walls there's been a hotfix within hours to plug the hole again. Could be worth looking into as an alternative.

Sorry this didn't help.

Eu jogo meu gamertag e Lucas uchiha 12

Sorry this didn't help.

Any game specific bans are enforced by the game developer and not microsoft. I would head over to callofduty.com/community and see what you can find out there. No one here will be be able to lift the ban for you.

Sorry this didn't help.