Sonic Emitter, How to disable blue fields? quest?

I'll keep it simple. There are blue fields, I've heard you need to do a sonic emitter quest in order to disable them by shooting them with this weapon. I have come across these fields, I have not come across this quest. WTF? Any info would help, especially the name of the quest.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Old World Blues DLC by the way, just realized this is a general Fallout New Vegas forum.

Ok you guys don't respond quickly enough. fallout.wikia.com/.../Sonic_Emitter_Upgrade

lol yay you figured it out yourself

Excuse us for having lives and not roaming the forums 24/7.

Totally agree with Camaro2390, nice to log in at least daily and see what's happening, as with ALL Fallout quests, highlight the quest in your Pip Boy, and follow the arrows!!!!,  lol  TRY doing the DLC without looking on wiki or the forums for help, once you have it completed, then have a look and see what you have missed, it's pointless playing the game if you look at the cheats before you do anything, on my first play of OWB I only got 6 skillbook recipes, then I had a look to see where I'd missed the other 7,  

[quote user="LUKE19 LIMAVADY"]

Totally agree with Camaro2390, nice to log in at least daily and see what's happening, as with ALL Fallout quests, highlight the quest in your Pip Boy, and follow the arrows!!!!,  lol  TRY doing the DLC without looking on wiki or the forums for help, once you have it completed, then have a look and see what you have missed, it's pointless playing the game if you look at the cheats before you do anything, on my first play of OWB I only got 6 skillbook recipes, then I had a look to see where I'd missed the other 7,  

[/quote]This was like a month ago but I want to respond to the last 2 rude replies. @ Camaro, you can go on about your life without trolling the forums 24/7 just like me, that doesn't mean there aren't hundreds of people on here reading posts at any given moment. 

@ LUKE, if you actually read my post you would have known that I had no quest in my pip boy to highlight. That's why I asked what the name of the quest was and where to get it. You could have saved your little lecture for someone it would be relevant to.

I was not using energy weapons with that character so I had sold the sonic emitter and never received a quest involving it. Then I ran into blue barriers and had no idea how to get through. I think it's poor game design, the sonic emitter should have been a quest item that you couldn't sell.

I think you may be over-estimating the number of people that respond in this forum.  I doubt that there are hundreds of people reading the forums at any given moment.  Most of the time if you stay away from the forum for 24 hours when you come back you will still find less than a page worth of topics that have new responses, and on most of them it'll be 1 or 2 new replies.  It is not at all unusual to see gaps of an hour or more between posts in any given thread.  The rudeness was not really warranted, but I also don't think that Luke's reply was intended to be rude, he just gave a piece of advice that didn't apply because he either missed or misread that part of your post.  

Okay let's all kiss and make up, we are all fallout fanatics, let the love flow from your hearts.

[quote user="P Pierce34"]

Ok you guys don't respond quickly enough. fallout.wikia.com/.../Sonic_Emitter_Upgrade

[/quote]Sorry for not responding to the question that everyone else could answer by simply following the very obvious Quests the game laid out for them.

Took me forever to figure out how to get rid of them :p