Sonic Adventure DX Achievements.

I've recently purchased the Dreamcast Collection, which includes Sonic Adventure as a game, and have downloaded the DX expansion from the DLC section of Xbox Live Marketplace.

Whilst the content is showing on my HDD and in-game, (the title has changed from Sonic Adventure to the DX graphic), the extra 3 achievements aren't showing.

I've tried deleting and re-downloading the content, downloading it from the Marketplace and directly from the game itself, and the achievements still won't show; in addition, I've tried deleting and creating new game-saves, but to no avail, (the documentation with the game even specifies these achievements, which don't show up in my games list, my GamerTag profile, the game itself, or even on my Windows Phone or Games For Windows.

I believe I heard something about the achievements not showing up in the past and was wondering if there's any truth to this, or is it just a case that I need to progress to a certain point in the game or something, (which is odd, as in the past, all new DLC achievements show on my profile as soon as the game is booted up).

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Recovering my GamerTag resolved the issue, and the above poster was right too, and that the DreamCast Collection is a on-disc compiliation such as Xbox Live Arcade Unleashed, heck, it was £9 new, and I figured that any single game alone would've set me back about £6 in MS Points, (I'm a scker for a bragain....if you get the afternoon off scroll through my games list, heh).

Thanks to Moltar for being the first to answer, but I'll give Toad the "answer" status de to the additional information which may be of useful to others.

Clifford: You buy the donut, you buy the hole.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote]I don't see the Dreamcast Collection as being purchasable on the Marketplace. When did you purchase/download this game[/quote]

The dreamcast collection is a collection of 4 XBLA games (Sonic adventure, sega bass fishing, Space channel 5 part 2, and Crazy Taxi). It is only on disk format and is not for sale on the marketplace, although you can buy the individual games that make up the Dreamcast collection from marketplace.

As for the missing achievements, recovering your gamertag might work, unlocking an achievement in the game might work (simply finishing the first level will get you one) or signing out of live & the game and back in. All these things might force the achievements to update.

Sorry this didn't help.

I don't see the Dreamcast Collection as being purchasable on the Marketplace. When did you purchase/download this game?

Sorry this didn't help.

I was thinking the same Moltar, I was a fan of the original too, (man, remember those power anthems, they rocked, and being able to have your Chao as a pet on your VMU).

I'll try recovering my GamerTag and see what that does, (keep in mind I bought the Dreamcast Collection game, and didn't get Sonic Adventure as a download....truth be told, you'd think they'd slap an extra quid on the cost, and give you the DX version).

I had the known server copy with Phantasy Star Universe: AOTI as well; got the achievements but it never tallied them, so I had to recover my GamerTag and get them again....seems to be the Sega games here, lol.

Though Sega Bass Fishing just isn't the same without the Dreamcast rod, it's like playing Guitar Hero using the controller, surely people can be tied to the stake for that kind of criminal offence, lol.

If anyone else has any suggestions on how to resolve this, I'd very much appreciate any such insight, and thanks in advance, and to Moltar.

Clifford: You buy the donut, you buy the hole.

Sorry this didn't help.

I will admit, I'm not overly familiar with this specific game (I only played the original Dreamcast version), but you might try recovering your gamertag. I ran into a problem on some game, can't remember which. Anyway, I'd gotten achievements before the back-end servers had caught up (so, they weren't visible on the website yet), and couldn't be unlocked.

After recovering my gamertag, which pulled the "known server copy" and replayed the game, it correctly unlocked the achievements.

I can't say your are having the same problem, but it is worth a try.

Sorry this didn't help.