Sonic Adventure 2 Battle (XBLA) rings wont save.

not sure if this is the right forum BUT

When I finish a level it will tell me the total rings i won for that level (ex. 600 on City Escape). I would then go to the black market in the chao garden and it would say i have 600 rings. Now in theory when you would do another level it would add those total coins at the end to your total coins you already have( ex. just beat City Escape again for 500 = a total of 1100). BUT in my game, at the black market i would now only have 500 rings, the total of my last final ring count from the last level. I know this is a glitch because it never happened in the GC version and my friends are not having this problem. So is there a fix or patch for this glitch? if not would that mean i would have to delete my save file? the chao garden and the actual game have sepperate saves so would i delete both or just the chao garden? That would suck because then all my chao wont be there anymore :(

Thanks in advance

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

What you can do to try this out is MOVE both your save game files to a USB device or send them to the Cloud Storage, this means you won't lose your progress if you want to keep your Chao.

Once that is done start the game and set your storage as the HDD and try again to see if the glitch still occurs.

Obviously if you use another storage device then replace HDD with that device but backing up your save games is the key.

Let us know if you find this to be a one time glitch or something that keeps happening with new save games.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

OK so i tried doing what you said and no luck. I moved my game save and my chao save to the cloud, started a new game save for both the chao and the story on the HDD and its still happening. Should i try deleting the game and re downloading it? that being said if i used my old saves do you think the problem would persist even after re downloading?

Sorry this didn't help.

Keep your save games on the cloud and delete the HDD saves and the game and re-download.

Then when you have it you can try the game again to see what happens and your cloud saves will be there if it works and you can copy them back to your HDD to use or access them from the cloud directly and see if the rings continue to save.

Sorry this didn't help.