Son Being Cyberbullied

I do not know if this is the right place to post this but my son has been being cyberbullied by some classmates from his school. They have turned MANY players and his friends against him. They have sent harassing messages and they have been reported and blocked. But when my son joins a friends game, the bullies join and kick him form the game (I have watched it happen in front of my own eyes before as I do game sometimes myself). But nothing has  been done to stop these people. My son was wondering if he could terminate their accounts but I told him not to think like that and I just want to stop anything else from happening. He's almost had a fight with one but luckily nothing happend at my sons school. Please someone help no child should be bullied on this network.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

Well all I can really say is that I am truly sorry about your son's problem. You said you reported them and blocked them, just be sure to keep them blocked. You also mentioned your son joining a friend's game, the bullies join, and then kick them. In most games the person who started the session would be the "host" so if the bullies were to join after, then the host would have to promote them to host, or the host would have to kick them themselves. Just make sure your son stays away from anyone who is even remotely friends with the bullies, that also goes for the friends games he keeps joining.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Well, seeing as how there isn't really another place to post this, this is a good place.

I can't do anything about what goes on at your son's school, for that you'd have to talk with school authorities to resolve it. As for on the Xbox, there are a few things you can do to keep these types of people off you and your son's back.

1. Remove friend - This seems pretty obvious, if any of them are on your son's friend's list, have him remove them or remove them yourself. This is simple to do.

2. Block communications - This is by the "Remove friend" option on the profile of users. It still shows up, even if they aren't on your or your son's friends list. Select this, and any game invites, party invites, messages, or any forms of communications will be blocked.

3. Submit a negative review - This not only will effect their reputation, but will lessen the chance of your son or you being matched in a game online with them.

4. File a complaint - This will help alert Xbox LIVE community staff that there is a problem.

-----

Good luck! People can be harsh online, and I hope that your issue is resolved ASAP. If you have any more questions, please, feel free to message me!

Sorry this didn't help.

To add onto the above, while signed into your sons Xbox LIVE account on Xbox.com, visit this link: live.xbox.com/.../Settings

Then change Online Status to 'Friends Only', this will make it so even if your son is online, random players like those harassing him will not see him online, nor will they see the join session in progress button unless they are on his friends list.

If the users continue to send your son messages on different accounts, re-visit the link above and change the Voice & Text option to 'Friends Only' so only friends can send him messages.

I advise you do try and contacting the kids parents who are harassing your child and tell them to talk to their kids or else you will take further action, because your son will keep suffering otherwise.

Sorry this didn't help.

hi and i can't believe this can happen even on xbox live but oh well. Anyhow you could try this, block them all or delete them and change your son's gamertag for 10 bucks and trust me they will never find him ever again lol i guarantee it. And final advice tell him to make new xbox live friends, there may be bad people but there also cool and nice people online so i hope this issue stops and good luck in the future.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Your son should put his status to 'offline' in settings, preferences.  He should also change his gamertag for 800 MS Points so that the bullies won't know its him. To add to this he should report the bullies and unprefer them. Tell his Headteacher/Principal Too.

Hope you Have luck.

Sorry this didn't help.

I am sorry your son is being Cyberbullied. As long as you reported and blocked the bullie or bullies. It is a shame that a father and son cant even play xbox without being harrassed by bullies, and as far as the school fight it seems to me this has gone to the next level i would talk to the school's principal... Maybe that is what is needed.

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings, MOMsays. I understand that bullying can be frustrating issue, and I do want to reassure you that you have taken the proper steps to avoid it. If you haven't yet, I would encourage you to take a look at this sticky: forums.xbox.com/.../19139.aspx. This is a valuable resource that offers steps not only for reporting harassment, but also how to block communications. In addition, if you scroll down to the bottom of the page you will see media related to Enforcement and how it works.

This should provide more in-depth insight into how things function behind the scenes.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any further questions. :)

Sorry this didn't help.