Something Xbone does that PS4 doesn't.

It actually plays CDs/MP3 files.

-

I'm bummed about this 'cause I like to listen to my music on the consoles, so I guess I'll keep on using 360 for media.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I have plenty of other ways to play music thats actually better than through a console, so w/e.

It does a lot more things than that.

The Xbone might, but the Xbox One has not been confirmed to do so yet. Major Nelson is looking into it.

And external Hard drives.  I don't know what Sony is thinking.

My interest in the next-gen has waned again.

[quote user="Pyramid Head15"]

And external Hard drives.  I don't know what Sony is thinking.

My interest in the next-gen has waned again.

[/quote]

I wouldn't be as bothered by that on the PS4, since they do support swapping out the hard drive. If the Xbox One ends up not allowing external hard drives, I may flip my ***. 500GB wont last forever, especially with games getting even BIGGER and with us being forced to install games now.

Does it play FLAC?  If not, I am not interested in what it can play.

-

Curious as to whether the PS4 can play FLAC.

What does the PS4 do over and above a PS3?  (Honest question, I really don't know)

-

I know what the X1 will do that my 360 wont...

^^Remote play? Im not sure if PS3 utilizes that feature. And supposedly Sonys remote play has a few draw backs to it

Apps will play your mp3's on the PS4, it just doesnt do it out of the box.

Was just reading an article about a giant XB1 in a canadian Carpark, quite funny actually.

Playing music on my console is probably the last thing I would ever care about. Seems like a wasted effort in the age of easy, cheap digital music.