something that needs to be "fixed" in future MWs

something's been really bugging me lately... i never really noticed it, but in the past few weeks i guess i noticed it...

there are two "indicators" which can be inaccurate, misleading, and useless.

the first/biggest problem is the grenade proximity indicator. there are several problems with it. first of all, it's difficult to gage the precise location and distance of the grenade. how many times do you see a grenade indicator pop up, and you really don't know which way to run? the direction doesn't help, it's just a vague "grenade!" indicator.

there are times when you see "grenade" down, and you sprint forward, and the grenade explodes and you still die. in that case, what's the purpose of a grenade indicator aside from "you are about to die, no matter where you run"?

another big problem is that the grenade indicator doesn't differentiate between enemy and friendly grenades. this is especially troublesome in drop zone, where grenades fly like crazy. in this instance the grenade indicator is for all intents and purposes useless. if you're in the hill, it's on your screen (sometimes multiple) and there is no way to tell if it's a friendly grenade (which does no damage) or an enemy grenade (which will kill you).

it just seems like a useless indicator. maybe for gameplay reasons it's intentional but i feel like a slight improvement to the grenade indicator would vastly improve its usefulness. let's say a circle indicating the player as viewed from the top down, with a red grenade inidicating the location of the grenade. green grenades for friendly grenades (or, just don't display them at all because they won't injure you).

SECONDLY, there is the normal damage indicator. honestly i find this lying to me fairly often. again, maybe it's working the way its intended for gameplay uses. one could argue that we're lucky we even get a damage indicator to give us a hint on where to look. but there are times where the damage is coming from a completely different direction than the indicator.

just a couple of small issues. again, i didn't program and produce the game so i don't know that these indicators aren't intended to be vague in a way to balance difficulty. BUT, if i were goign to design an indicator, here are some examples to fix it. and that's all i've got!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I agree that the grenade indicator should differentiate between friendly and enemy grenades. But as of now the call of duty series as a whole is being driven into the ground. My hopes are that Treyarch can save this series with the next title this November. Treyarch have a tendency to develop amazing games compared to Infinity Ward. Also they pay more attention to what the community wants.

^ HA, good one.

I'm pretty certain that Treyarch games have a great single player, but multiplayer is always terrible.

^

WaW and Black Ops > Call of Duty 4, 6 and 8?

Really?

And we'll go back even further and compare Call of Duty 2 and 3?

How can Treyarch POSSIBLY make better games? I don't get it.

Cod 4 is and will stay the only good CoD game made by Infinity Ward. WaW and Black Ops were gold

Compared to MW2 and MW3

Black ops, WAW, COD 4 and MW2 are all good games and they all have problems. MW2 & COD 4 had the best maps out of all COD games in my opinion. WAW had some of the best weapons and coolest perks. Black ops had COD points and the best killstreak set up, the killstreaks were difficult to earn compared to other games. MW3 has bad maps, bad weapons, laggy connection and boring killstreaks.

[quote user="ChainSmokingBob"]

^

WaW and Black Ops > Call of Duty 4, 6 and 8?

Really?

And we'll go back even further and compare Call of Duty 2 and 3?

How can Treyarch POSSIBLY make better games? I don't get it.

[/quote]I never played WaW, but I certainly think Blops > CoD4, 6, and 8.  Didn't play any CoD's previous to 4 either.  My experience with 4 might be tainted though.  I played like 3 to 5 mp games and all of them had people abusing elevator glitches.  I beat the campaign(awesome) and returned the game.

Wait a minute you want a grenade indictor with color ?  what do you want a milton bradley version of simon for the CoD franchise ?

[quote user="Dubstep Kittens"]

I agree that the grenade indicator should differentiate between friendly and enemy grenades. But as of now the call of duty series as a whole is being driven into the ground. My hopes are that Treyarch can save this series with the next title this November. Treyarch have a tendency to develop amazing games compared to Infinity Ward. Also they pay more attention to what the community wants.

[/quote] You say the call of duty series is being driven into the ground? Than why every year the sales continue to grow? Each call of duty game out sells the one before it.

People love the franchise just because you and your friends are getting bored of it doesn't mean everyone is.

Know your facts.

I know my facts. I know that people will always continue to buy CoD games until the end of time because it's name is so well known and the marketing for it is large. Just because people buy it doesn't make it good.

Fix Lag