Something I noticed: Bioware

So I recently played Dragon Age 2 and loved it, it was lots of fun. Anyways straight to the point, something that kind of bothered me was the conversations and dialogue. It was done well and all, but it was so much like Mass Effect 2. The small little gestures, the movement when they spoke and such were exactly like they were in Mass Effect. I know it's probably because they're both Bioware titles, but doesn't that come off as a bit lazy to you guys too? Dragon Age 2 came after Mass Effect 2, couldn't they have tweaked it a bit more so it wouldn't be so easily noticeable? Opinions? Ideas? Discuss, if you'd like.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

/FACE PALM

LOL

LOL WUT

That's been their style of dialogue for about a decade. Try all the other Bioware games.

If there's something to point out as  being lazy in DA2, it's that freaking cave over and over.

[quote user="thatdude21601"]

That's been their style of dialogue for about a decade. Try all the other Bioware games.

If there's something to point out as  being lazy in DA2, it's that freaking cave over and over.

[/quote]That's my biggest complaint with DA2.  I got so sick of going to the same cave over and over.  I half expected to bump into the next group of villains entering the cave on my way out.

Aye, the reuse of caves and interiors was pretty poor.  You knew exactly where you'd have an encounter as every cave was the same.  Another issue i had with DA2 was how the enemies spawned.  They literally dropped from the sky.

It's obvious this game was rushed, BioWare admitted this themselves, and having just announced DA3, no doubt that's going to be a rush job too.

Yeah, it's because EA pushes them to put out a new DA and ME year after year.

Forgive me but I have not yet learned how to quote on these new forums, unfortunately.

@thatdude21601- The first game I completely played through by Bioware was Mass Effect. I have played KOTR 1 and 2 before, but not the entire games. So, all of Bioware's games have those little gestures all the characters do? Like when they turn around and walk out of the frame, or when they grab something out of someone else hand, or the way they explain something and move their arms around, or when they rub their necks or scratch their heads during dialogue?

I honestly didn't mind the caves or dungeons being reused. It didn't bother me. Also, I'm not saying the "dialogue gestures" bothered me either, I was just curious about it is all.

Ugh, the forums didn't use my paragraphs.

I thought it was lazy of Bioware to release Dragon Age Origins without a speaking main character after they had released Mass Effect.