Someone tell me about the new control scheme?

I have heard they have made the controls different. Tell me this ain't so.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Initial differences I noticed right away is that knife is right-stick click and crouch / prone is B. Marking an enemy/objective is right-button.

So its like CoD controls? They just need a custom adjustable control setting.

They better have an option to adjust controls, because I hate that codlike setup.

goto veteran settings and select the BF3 control scheme , ive only read this on youtube im still waiting for it to download

Why did they even change the controls like that? RS knife only promotes panic knifing.

To make it more like BF3 change "Soldier Buttons" to "Veteran" instead of Default". But Spot/Mark is still RB and not Back button like in BF3.

Im glad its more CoDlike with the controllers, thatll help me. I hated going prone every time I accidentally bumped the left stick down.....................and I like panic knifing, it shows my skills.

I'm not getting Battlefield 4 for the simple fact that the vehicle controls are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. No way in HELL am I learning how to control these things after getting so comfortable with Battlefield 3. No thank you. Not to mention the lag. "Press X to enter vehicle" ... I press it. I hold it. I mash it. Then I randomly enter. Then I try getting out, and it won't let me. End result? A crashed helicopter because it wouldn't let me out.

Naturally, I rage quit, and I'm thankful for this beta.

Why change the vehicle controls? Thats seems weird.

Because they're morons. The helicopters are nothing but a PITA. It's also stupid to me that they didn't include some sort of training mode in the beta so we can learn the controls -- nah, just throw you in without a parachute, basically.