Some Sniper Rifle Discussions.

Lets have some "chilled" discussions about BO2 sniper rifles. Ill start. MLG (the suppossed "best" COD players in the world) had a National tournament this past weekend in Dallas. The rules and setups, along with equiptment and SSRs are now available and they were NOT in the past MLG championships. Anyways, I did observe some sniper rifle setups/loadouts and it may have even been Overkill perks being used. Keep in mind, none of these guys had sniper rifles only. It was always an SMG/rifle combo. I thought it was only on the bigger maps, but I did see some used on Raid. Weird. Another thing was that these sniper rifles had the IR or night vision scope thing on them. Weird. There was really NO quickscoping, but the occassional QS try. It was just akward to see these rifles, but these guys really used them "tactically". Using cover and "pieing" corners, when they knew guys were around the corners, but faraway from them. Again, there was NO QSing per se, but more drag scopes and hard scopes. Did you guys watch any of this? I watched like a game or two. Discuss.

Discussion Info

Last updated October 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Nope. I never bother watching footage of gameplay not even from my own games. Not sure what the obsession is for some. But to each their own. I myself use a sniper as it's meant to be used in the real world. I don't run around like a moron with it. If I'm sniping it's from some sort of cover. Some call it camping but I don't because I seem to come in first place to everyone else with the best K/D most caps and defends all while using a sniper... Go figure. Anyways, I usually use the SVU with FMJ or the DSR with the variable zoom and dual band scope. I always have two sniper classes. I have the KAP-40 as my secondary for both classes. It's rather good for when someone tries to sneak up on me or when I'm defending or capturing a flag in Domination when sniping. I myself usually only bring out my sniper on certain maps and switch up classes depending on what needs to be done but I never quickscope.

With any luck, maybe this means the community will relax with this quickscoping nonsense. Not bloody likely, but MAYBE. I just can't stand playing in this community that overvalues a glorified exploit, it's ridiculous. It's a joke, really, that someone can be talked down to for "hardscoping" while the doofus that's overkilling snipers manages a "trickshot" after eight tries gets praised. It sickens me.

Where's the list?

[quote user="Sir Psycho Flea"]

With any luck, maybe this means the community will relax with this quickscoping nonsense. Not bloody likely, but MAYBE. I just can't stand playing in this community that overvalues a glorified exploit, it's ridiculous. It's a joke, really, that someone can be talked down to for "hardscoping" while the doofus that's overkilling snipers manages a "trickshot" after eight tries gets praised. It sickens me.

[/quote]
^^this...plus youtube has also ruined the community in my opinion...

Yeah,I watched what i could on the MLG channel on YT.Alot of FAL and M8A1's,Enjoyed what i saw.Optic,vVv,Envy,that other team begining with F,Unite.Thats all i could remember.Speaking of QS'rs,I went up against a couple of YT'ers tonight on the other team,I checked them out,not that many views but they were beasting on highjacked,One had over 50 kills,quite annoying,I just pulled my LSAT out and camped until it was over.

It seemed really weird for snipers in a console competetive torunament. But I guess using SSRs and lots of the perks and equiptment is "different" too. I noticed several of the guys had SSRs stacked up and never used them. That was weird too. I guess he was too much into the objective, callouts, and map control, dunno. The TS was used a bit too. I just found it funny, because I was argueing with a guy in the BF forums the other day and I was insisting that sniper rifles are never used in competetive play. Guess I was wrong. Anyways, the guys made a couple of sniper kills and the crowd went wild, LOL. The crowd went even more wild when the guy would try the odd quickscope and would miss. This community is weird.

Yeah,i saw only one game i think with snipers,That was S n D on Meltdown.I saw alot of Hardpoint on Raid with no snipers.SSR's were all Hellstorm,Lightening and a Sentry or 2.Few did'nt get used.I've only been able to catch one or 2 games from each match up though.Wish i could have seen more.

Yeah, they definately didnt "run around" with the sniper rifle. But if they were near a long line of sight (probably a callout too) the would switch to the sniper rifle secondary and check the area (with the Thermal sight thingy) then switch back to the SMG and MOVE.

I see overkill as a stupid move, always have. I can pick up any weapon in Call of Duty and use it well. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I'm the best most 1337 gun user or anything, but all you have to do in almost any shooter is use the gun for a bit prior. There hasn't been a shooter lately where I really had to work to figure out how to use a gun effectively. Point and shoot, pretty self explanatory.

-

Not to mention, people tend to use the same handful of weapons. Chances are you will almost always walk over a PDW or MSMC. All you really have to do is have scavenger on. Kill ONE person, be it with your rifle, pistol, or even equipment. Perhaps you don't even kill him, you just see him get killed. Walk up to him. Boom, weapon. Then I do what they do, use the sniper rifle like a secondary. See someone really fr away, quick switch to your sniper rifle and take him out.

-

No having to run around with only a pistol (which is like no problem in this game considering the Tac .45) and you don't have to waste a precious pick 10 point.

sounds good, OP. Sniper rifles like I stated before are the best chance weapon head to head when you know where, and when it's coming from. I just started using sniper rifles, and I finished my swarm the other day with a sniper rifle. In the end of the match I pulled off a quick scope, but it was a last ditch effort. Exactly what happened is my claymore squeaked, and I spun around, pulled the zoom trigger, and then my shoot trigger. I got a double kill, quick scope as my final kill cam. That was the only time I quick scoped.