Some Questions

Hey there......I have some questions. What did the patch change? I have 2 bows and one is elven and the other is a ebony bow. There are 3 numbers for there stats and it's confusing. The Elven bow is enchanted with soul trap and it's dmg is 146...now the numbers on the bottom are different, they are 156 in white and 103 in green, and sometimes they change or disappear altogether. I have 4 pieces of Archery gear, Helmet 30%, Necklace 22%, Gauntlets 30% and a Ring 32%.  I have Smithing at 100 but enchanting and alchemy are not there yet. I have on the left branch of smithing up to Glass....( ya I know ), and up to Dwarven on the right. So my question is, is the patch messing up my stats for my bows and if they display the altered numbers are they doing the original DMG. And does anyone know the caps for each type of weapon? Some help would be great. Thanks.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Patch ? Did they finally release the 1.3 ?

^

Yep.

As for the OP, I'm not sure man. I have it but hopped off straight afterwards, so I'm not sure.

Some PC users have said that fortified items haven't now glitched like the magic did before I've scoured some xbox sites today and your the first to have the problem.  I have most of my items fortifying my weight, stamina, health etc so I've been watching this one closely

Word is that with the new patch, Fortification of abilities can bug out if pushed over 100%. Once the enchantment crosses 100%, it's dropping back to zero. So in your case your 117% enchantment becomes 17%. If the enchantment is 100% or less then it works fine. I have only found this reported by a few random PC users, to the best of my knowledge, no one has confirmed or denied it for the XBox Patch.

Is this a bug or a deliberate change, however?

To me, that sounds like them removing the ability to buff your weapons/items/enchantments/so on to ridiculous levels, which should definitely happen.

I'm not sure as some said they had this with the 1.1 patch.  I use things like 35 extra capacity points and 22% more one handed weapon damage etc.  I think if thats the case then its right if your at 100 anyway as you've had the points to put into that skill and then you can't enchant it to silly levels.  Some though have said that they were at 100 for smithing and then taken a potion and the item has gotten better afterwards.  I suppose thats why the potions are there for quick bonus's.

[quote user="ChainSmokingBob"]

Is this a bug or a deliberate change, however?

To me, that sounds like them removing the ability to buff your weapons/items/enchantments/so on to ridiculous levels, which should definitely happen.

[/quote]

Seems like a bug to me. If they wanted to 'fix' it, they probably would have just capped it at 100%. I don't see why they would make it have a negative effect like that.

^

True, but so far their support, while definitely there, has been a bit broken :P I'm not really sure what's what at the moment since we aren't being given a full list of their intended fixes, as far as my knowledge... or their unintended changes, such as the resistances.

I appreciate being told "We're fixing the bug related to Y scaling" but that isn't as detailed as it should be (not for that example, but for the bigger stuff).

What's the difference between the white number and the green number in brackets?

Does it matter? If your archery is maxed to 100 with all of the perks you can beat down anything. You have the strongest bows except the deadric one which you have to smith to get it. I only play archery or at lest until I took an arrow to the knee.